Thread: Z cam 8k only a few thousand dollars records to USB c

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Z cam 8k only a few thousand dollars records to USB c 

Interesting, no reference of frame rates of any kind in both the 8K and 6K cams. EDIT ok saw the 6K frame rates.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

Think of how much more life all REDS would have if RED or GDU made an official speed booster OLPF insert....

Freiburg, Germany & Prague, Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Think of how much more life all REDS would have if RED or GDU made an official speed booster OLPF insert....
    Disclaimer: My company ABT cine is making the SpeedMount mk2 for DSMC2 cameras (similar optical design to a Speedbooster, but for DSMC2).

You can't make a Speedbooster OLPF insert without changing the mount. The focal flange of the mount is reduced by ~4.5mm due to the focal length reducer (all focal length reducers basically work in the same way). So yes, you could mount a focal length reducer in the OLPF, but the focal flange and the optical design (the focal length reducer basically becomes part of the lens optically) would be wrong.
    Glaswerk ONE & ONE+ 2x VV anamorphic lenses

www.glaswerk-optics.de

Love me some NAB announcement-ware.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kellermann View Post
    Disclaimer: My company ABT cine is making the SpeedMount mk2 for DSMC2 cameras (similar optical design to a Speedbooster, but for DSMC2).

You can't make a Speedbooster OLPF insert without changing the mount. The focal flange of the mount is reduced by ~4.5mm due to the focal length reducer (all focal length reducers basically work in the same way). So yes, you could mount a focal length reducer in the OLPF, but the focal flange and the optical design (the focal length reducer basically becomes part of the lens optically) would be wrong.
    You are great David but what about James Miller's OLPF insert with proven footage of it working. There is a thread on reduser.

Quote Originally Posted by David Kellermann View Post

Of course I've watched and read everything about your journey making the mount.

https://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...Caddy-3D-Print

If you don't have thousands of dollars to spare then changing mounts for a speedbooster makes no sense. I understand many people on here have tons of cash and write offs. But if I buy a Canon speedbooster mount, then have a shoot with PL lenses (rented) I am fucked or I have to buy another mount and carry four mounts... Own three or four... It's insanity. UNLESS YOU HAVE THE THOUSANDS AND RHOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, which many here apparently have. What's their secret.

Freiburg, Germany & Prague, Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Of course I've watched and read everything about your journey making the mount.

https://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...Caddy-3D-Print

If you don't have thousands of dollars to spare then changing mounts for a speedbooster makes no sense. I understand many people on here have tons of cash and write offs. But if I buy a Canon speedbooster mount, then have a shoot with PL lenses (rented) I am fucked or I have to buy another mount and carry four mounts... Own three or four... It's insanity. UNLESS YOU HAVE THE THOUSANDS AND RHOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, which many here apparently have. What's their secret.
    Again, it's not that James Miller's design isn't working. The difference is whether it creates a best possible optical performance and if it's interchangeable with RED's standard mounts.

James Miller's design is great if you want an affordable DIY solution for projects where corner to corner performance isn't top priority and when you don't have to switch to an other mount during production (since that would require to readjust the focal flange by moving the sensor). That's also the reason why RED will probably never release a speed booster OLPF, since it's not a reliable solution for film productions. Again, as a DIY solution for the right project, it's wonderful!

If you have a Metabones EF to E adapter and a Metabones EF Speedbooster to E mount, you can put them next to each other on the table and see that they have a differnt length. That difference is the reason why it's a physical impossibility to "just" add a Speedbooster into the OLPF without changing the sensor position or mount depth.
    Glaswerk ONE & ONE+ 2x VV anamorphic lenses

www.glaswerk-optics.de