Thread: Davinci Resolve 16 Beta

Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122
    DaVinci Resolve PowerTip Make Your Fusion Titles Responsive

By David Power

How to add BOTH an exit animation AND timeline responsiveness to any animated Fusion title... without messing with keyframes, splines, and other finickiness.

***EXPRESSION***
    Note: YouTube doesn't permit "angled brackets" in video descriptions. If you copy and paste the expression string below, replace [LT] with the "less than" symbol.

Copy and paste this string into the Background/Foreground expression field of your dissolve node:

iif((comp.RenderEnd-time)[LT](comp.RenderEnd/2),0,1)

Can you select a timeline in davinci and collect all clips, images, music, sounds, project files and save that as a backup on an external disc? I know you can archive projects, but I did not se any options to select a specific timeline but rather the whole project.

I found this program that seams to do this. https://www.niwa.nu/resolve-collect/
    Do you use this? Seams sad to buy something like this for such important feature that should be in davinci.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Joel,

Never saw that program before and never used it. Thanks for posting the link! I would imagine that just saving the project as long as you have the corresponding media stored on some external drive, would allow you to relink all media that was included in that project including the multiple timeline in that project. Also, why would you want to have access to only one timeline of a multiple timeline project? I know because it would give you only the final edit you wanted. However, wouldn't you want to have a reference against another timeline in that project to better understand why that particular timeline edit worked better than the alternatives? But maybe I'm not understanding you correctly.
    Last edited by rand thompson; 08-22-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Rand, the nice part is that it collects only the files your using in a timeline and you dont have to manually copy things from different hardrives. Adobe premiere does this and I loved that feature. Davinci seams a little clumpsy in this regard as it want to only let me archive a full project and not just a timeline but all files it contains wich can be huge. Its plain better to just archive the final timeline.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Joel,

I think I understand you better now. I only tried Adobe Premiere for a short time , never got around to digging around all its features so I never knew this was available. But yeah, it sounds like a great tool for saving only specific timelines from within a multiple timeline project, Maybe it will be added as an integrated feature in an upcoming Resolve update.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    Can you select a timeline in davinci and collect all clips, images, music, sounds, project files and save that as a backup on an external disc? I know you can archive projects, but I did not se any options to select a specific timeline but rather the whole project.

I found this program that seams to do this. https://www.niwa.nu/resolve-collect/
    Do you use this? Seams sad to buy something like this for such important feature that should be in davinci.
    File->Media Management gives you the option to essentially archive on a project level, timeline or timelines basis, or just clips. So worst case, media-manage a timeline, then save the project and you'll have the media in a place where that timeline can be restored.

M
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Never lose a DAVINCI RESOLVE Project again! - 5 Minute Friday #25

By MrAlexTech

WRONG PROJECT FPS? No Problem! Davinci Resolve 16 - 5 Minute Friday #26

By MrAlexTech

Last edited by rand thompson; Yesterday at 07:06 PM.

SAVE TIME! Upload directly to Youtube from Davinci Resolve 16 - 5 Minute Friday #27

By MrAlexTech

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    Rand, the nice part is that it collects only the files your using in a timeline and you dont have to manually copy things from different hardrives. Adobe premiere does this and I loved that feature. Davinci seams a little clumpsy in this regard as it want to only let me archive a full project and not just a timeline but all files it contains wich can be huge. Its plain better to just archive the final timeline.
    No, there is an option in Media Management to just archive a single Timeline (and all the associated media). It can be done.

@Nikolai Waldman's Resolve Collect has some advantages, particularly in that it runs outside Resolve so you can do other things (with a different session) while the long process of media management and file copying is going on in the background.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

Great, I will have another look at doing it inside of resolve.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069