Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: GROUP BUY - Inovativ Voyager

Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast
    Got my Adorama shipping notice. It looks like we'll be receiving ours on Monday.

Hey guys, figured I'd throw this out there:

How are you all transporting all the accessories/AKS between sets? (Masts, trough, baby pin mounts, camera mounts, etc.)

Typically I just throw them loose in the car, but wondering if anyone's come up with anything better to keep everything together / somewhat protected.

Got some more of my accessories today. I ordered two baby pin adapter posts for two masts. The first baby pin adapter post arrived over a month ago, the second today. The one that arrived today, the post is literally twice as heavy as the other one I got. I’d guess it’s made of steel instead of aluminum. Why?? The mast itself is certainly not steel, so why would the post that goes inside need to be steel? And why the change from the first one I got which is I guess aluminum? Also, the finish on the clamp portion that fits on the mast has a shinier finish on the outside (as opposed to matte on the first) and a far less polished finish inside which I’m concerned will scrape the finish on the adapter post pretty bad. So strange, it’s like they switched to steel pipe and worse quality machining on the clamp for this more recent post. I ordered literally two of the same thing, so theoretically they should be identical, very odd. The steel version of the adapter pole is heavy AF compared to all the other stuff which is aluminum. So yeah just a heads up, if you ordered a baby pin adapter pole for a mast, and it feels way heavier than the mast it fits into, you might have gotten a steel one.
    Last edited by Ian Cresswell; 07-19-2019 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cresswell View Post
    Got some more of my accessories today. I ordered two baby pin adapter posts for two masts. The first baby pin adapter post arrived over a month ago, the second today. The one that arrived today, the post is literally twice as heavy as the other one I got. I’d guess it’s made of steel instead of aluminum. Why?? The mast itself is certainly not steel, so why would the post that goes inside need to be steel? And why the change from the first one I got which is I guess aluminum? Also, the finish on the clamp portion that fits on the mast has a shinier finish on the outside (as opposed to matte on the first) and a far less polished finish inside which I’m concerned will scrape the finish on the adapter post pretty bad. So strange, it’s like they switched to steel pipe and worse quality machining on the clamp for this more recent post. I ordered literally two of the same thing, so theoretically they should be identical, very odd. The steel version of the adapter pole is heavy AF compared to all the other stuff which is aluminum. So yeah just a heads up, if you ordered a baby pin adapter pole for a mast, and it feels way heavier than the mast it fits into, you might have gotten a steel one.
    I got the baby pin adaptor for my mast as well, and was very surprised at how heavy it was when I first picked it up. Though I didn't have another one to compare it against. Kind of concerning because I would like to fly with the whole package, so lighter would be better obviously...

Did some more comparison. The 2nd baby pin adapter pole I got is actually literally 3x heavier than the first one I got. And the machining/finish on the clamp portion is definitely not as smooth. I will more than likely be asking Inovativ to send me a replacement lighter version pole with the original matte style smooth finish clamp. In the following photo the pole labeled "1" is the first one I received, the lighter one I'm assuming is aluminum. The photos labeled "2" are the second one I got, way heavier and I guess steel, also with worse finish on the inside of the clamp. I'm confused as to why Inovativ would send out steel accessory pipes to be part of a cart product that is otherwise based entirely around lightweight machined aluminum parts?

Last edited by Ian Cresswell; 07-20-2019 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cresswell View Post
    Did some more comparison. The 2nd baby pin adapter pole I got is actually literally 3x heavier than the first one I got. And the machining/finish on the clamp portion is definitely not as smooth. I will more than likely be asking Inovativ to send me a replacement lighter version pole with the original matte style smooth finish clamp. In the following photo the pole labeled "1" is the first one I received, the lighter one I'm assuming is aluminum. The photos labeled "2" are the second one I got, way heavier and I guess steel, also with worse finish on the inside of the clamp. I'm confused as to why Inovativ would send out steel accessory pipes to be part of a cart product that is otherwise based entirely around lightweight machined aluminum parts?

Hey Ian,

I'm looking into this. In the meantime, it's going to be a lot faster resolution to follow the instructions in the payment email and email groupbuy@adorama.com and cc me when you have an issue. I can appreciate you wanting to discuss this in the thread but let me figure out what's going on here and I'll update the thread with a resolution.

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Received my cart. Whoa momma, she's a beauty.

Tom Van

Epic-X and Epic-W
    www.tomvan.com

Hey Travis, I also received my Mast Riser and I seem to have a steel version as well. Fully functional but extremely heavy ii's 12+ pounds! Please keep us posted on your findings.

FWIW I just got a shipping notification for my baby pin mast riser and the shipping weight is 6lbs.
    Aaron Green - Chicago, IL
    DRAGON X
    www.instagram.com/aaronkgreen

UPDATE:

Hey friends, we're looking into a few things here. Just want to let you know that several of the key Inovativ team members are on summer break this week but we have collected the customer data and are workin' on it, thanks to all for your patience and positivity. Really appreciate it!

Couldn't do the GBs without you all, thanks!

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com