Thread: Highlights in range but...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Besh View Post
    I did a post about how I changed the OLPFs in the Epic. I now have the skin tone permanently in there because it offers better results.
    Oh?!?!
    Well, good luck then...I don't know what else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Šabović Adis View Post
    Oh?!?!
    Well, good luck then...I don't know what else to say.
    Do you see a problem with replacing the OLPF? In the entirety of the thread I didn't hear any "don't do this because..." my tests showed it balanced the color channels better and added more contrast to the image.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...-MX-OLPF-tests

Also I should mention I don't participate in "online attitude" I'm genuinely into your thoughts as the majority of members on this forum are far ahead of me in knowledge and experience. I'd love to take advantage of that as I try to add better images to me storytelling.

Do you see a problem with replacing the OLPF? In the entirety of the thread I didn't hear any "don't do this because..." my tests showed it balanced the color channels better and added more contrast to the image.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...-MX-OLPF-tests
    Really?!

How exactly did it balance "better" when:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1840869

Mysterium-X doesn't have a calibration profile for the Standard OLPF.
    or any other profile for that matter, nor can RCXP read it. And how much contrast is correct amount of contrast?

But, as I said earlier, do what ever you want and don't let anybody tell you different - on the contrary, I'd like to see more parts that don't belong built in. Say ALEV III.
    Or two...double the pleasure.

Really?!

How exactly did it balance "better" when:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1840869

or any other profile for that matter, nor can RCXP read it. And how much contrast is correct amount of contrast?

But, as I said earlier, do what ever you want and don't let anybody tell you different - on the contrary, I'd like to see more parts that don't belong built in. Say ALEV III.
    Or two...double the pleasure.
    From what I have gathered, just because the brain isn't deciphering the data differently when putting a different OLPF in front of it, that doesn't mean the light values aren't passing through the OLPF and ultimately onto the sensor differently, right? (honest question).
    Last edited by Tyler Besh; 04-07-2019 at 11:28 AM.

From what I have gathered, just because the brain isn't deciphering the data differently when putting a different OLPF in front of it, that doesn't mean the light values aren't passing through the OLPF and ultimately onto the sensor differently, right? (honest question).
    100%!
    But how different, by how much? To what "side"?
    There's a target, I mean an inch above the target is the same as inch under - it's a miss.

100%!
    But how different, by how much? To what "side"?
    There's a target, I mean an inch above the target is the same as inch under - it's a miss.
    I feel that. Makes sense. It's probably me just projecting the visual difference into some kind of technical difference which seems to be close to zero haha

I feel that. Makes sense. It's probably me just projecting the visual difference into some kind of technical difference which seems to be close to zero haha
    Well, visual difference is also proof of technical difference, but the question is this: is it a hit? Is it really better (closer to the target, dead on maybe), or just different?
    My reasoning is like this: if you don't like what you get with Mysterium-X, you don't just throw in stuff like OLPFs (or do other stuff like cutting, scraping, drilling, screwing, welding...ain't no rocket science, innit? ), or adapt the camera to your needs like that (and simply call it "better"). No, you do what RED did already - design new camera body, design new sensor, design new OPLFs etc. Now, that's better!
    What you could do better is: adapt yourself to the camera - by learning how to operate it properly...but that's only me.
    Last edited by Šabović Adis; 04-07-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Well, visual difference is also proof of technical difference, but the question is this: is it a hit? Is it really better (closer to the target, dead on maybe), or just different?
    My reasoning is like this: if you don't like what you get with Mysterium-X, you don't just throw in stuff like OLPFs (or do other stuff like cutting, scraping, drilling, screwing, welding...ain't no rocket science, innit? ), or adapt the camera to your needs like that (and simply call it "better"). No, you do what RED did already - design new camera body, design new sensor, design new OPLFs etc. Now, that's better!
    What you could do better is: adapt yourself to the camera - by learning how to operate it properly...but that's only me.
    Respect.