Thread: Premiere 2019 Spring update

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Premiere 2019 Spring update 
    It totally killed the playback and I even switch down to 1/8 and its still laggy. (Dont worry i still have the good old 2017.2 installed).

Aso premiere cant still export an xml and remimport it correctly! It loses synch and what not!!!

I so glad I swiched even thoe im still a cc user. But I dont have much use of premiere since i cant still export a proper xml.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Same here, playback is choppy even at 1/16 while reading files from a ssd hdd.

To be clear, you're talking about the 13.1 version that was released within the past week or so?

I just updated because they said they improved RED playback using Metal. OpenCL has been working well, although having recently purchased an iMac Pro, I hoped that I'd be able to play back 6K footage at 1/2 or even full resolution which sadly wasn't the case. Has anyone quantified what "RED footage plays better with new RED Metal acceleration." means?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stengel View Post
    To be clear, you're talking about the 13.1 version that was released within the past week or so?

I just updated because they said they improved RED playback using Metal. OpenCL has been working well, although having recently purchased an iMac Pro, I hoped that I'd be able to play back 6K footage at 1/2 or even full resolution which sadly wasn't the case. Has anyone quantified what "RED footage plays better with new RED Metal acceleration." means?

Yes i just updated today. But im using nvidia graphics cards on PC.

I'm having a major problem in one project and not others. Started a thread about it, but I can't change metadata on the RED file anymore in that project...it's a project that has been brought up from an older project which may be the issue. I'm not sure.
    BC
    Director/Editor
    www.brandon-christensen.com
    Scarlet-W - 000071

We had this problem before with converted projects with adobe.

I found another bug. If you use the new guides in the program monitor and go fullscreen the guides will be off.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

That’s why I left a year ago for davinci Resolve and not looking back. It was a good move for me and the color tools are in a different league. Can’t wait for davinci 16 next week!

I just switched a little while ago after I finally got davinci to run smoothly with 8k footage and also sorted out an audio problem. I really wanted to switch way earlier. I just love there aproach much better. I never liked to jump betwen apps.
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Has there been any updates on adobe implementing the RED + Nvidia SDK for RED playback?
    Joshua Hoareau
    www.cinestudios.com.au
    Epic-X Dragon #5108 "Ancalagon"
    Sony CineAlta PL Cinema Lenses
    Canon C100 Mk II / Sony A7III
    CINESTUDIOS