Thread: Monitor Out Issue w Decklink Mini Monitor 4K

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Monitor Out Issue w Decklink Mini Monitor 4K 
    Hi

There are a few similar threads already but non seem to have the same issue and/or a workable solution for me.

I can't get a monitor out from RCXP via my BM Decklink Mini Monitor 4K PCIe card. I'm on RCXP Built 50.5 on a nMP6,1, OSX 10.13.5 and the PCIe card is in a Sonnet TB2 expansion chassis.

The card is recognised in RCX Prefs:

When I click on the Monitor Out button I get this error message:

I have tried every permutation possible in the Prefs as well as in BM Desktop Video Setup, various resolutions, frame rates, Pixel Types, Channels, etc. Tried SDI out as well as HDMI. It works flawlessly in Resolve.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Many thanks!
    Attached Images

I can't say this will be the solution, but I tried permutations like you mentioned and after a reinstall of the BM driver (I have the old Intensity Pro) and swapping my CHANNEL around, it all of a sudden started working. Might be worth a shot?
    Brendan H. Banks
    DP
    Epic-W Helium #796

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_H_Banks View Post
    I can't say this will be the solution, but I tried permutations like you mentioned and after a reinstall of the BM driver (I have the old Intensity Pro) and swapping my CHANNEL around, it all of a sudden started working. Might be worth a shot?
    Thanks for the suggestion, Brendan. Unfortunately, updating / re-installing BM Desktop Video Setup hasn't changed anything for me.

I have had a suggestion via PM, which has got me one step further, but I'm still stuck between a rock and a hard place:

If I unplug the RRX card (ie. the TB chassis), I can now get monitor out via the Decklink card. Plug the RRX back in (and restart RCXP) and I get the same error message as before.
    So now I can decide whether I want monitoring at 3fps or look at 24fps on my GUI screen...

Here is an interesting workaround for this problem I found by chance:

If I click on the Monitor Out button right after I start RCXP before a clip is loaded in the viewer, I don't get an error message and I get signal out of the Decklink (HDMI or SDI both works). I can then load a clip to the viewer and everything is fine.

Interestingly, as soon as I load a R3D clip to the viewer, I can not turn Monitor Out off again either, I just get the error message but the signal stays up...

So I guess that the RRX is causing the error but only when RCXP is actually using it to decode a R3D clip.

And another surprising find for anyone who runs into this problem:

The keyboard shortcut "v" works perfectly for me, even when clicking the Monitor Out button produces the error message.