Thread: Film Making Masterclass with Final Cut Pro X

Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Final Cut Pro Help Live: Introduction to using an eGPU

Video starts at about the 9:20 minute mark

By Final Cut Pro Help

Join Jared live, as he provides information on Final Cut Pro X followed by a Q&A session.

Submit your questions via email, Instagram, or Twitter @FinalCutProHelp - FinalCutProHelp@me.com

-----------------

Index:

Support the channel: https://www.patreon.com/FinalCutProHelp

FCPX 10.4.6 Prepping Audio for YouTube Delivery

By T. Payton

I run through cleaning up a Voice Over, replacing temp music with licensed and share how I prep audio for delivery.

How To Color Grade In Final Cut Pro - Complete Color Grading Masterclass

By Casey Toland

This video will take you through how to color grade in Final Cut Pro X. These techniques can be applied to other color grading programs, but the color correction menu is specific to Final Cut Pro.

There are a lot of color grading tutorials out there, but I couldn't find one that was complete, free, and walks the viewer through exposure correction, skin correction, white balancing, log footage, and creative styling. I wanted to demonstrate these different corrections by using clips that were fairly difficult, this way you'll be able to easily color grade your own footage, and be able to salvage clips that were otherwise unusable.

Timestamps:
    1:23 - Setting Up And Reading Video Scopes
    6:11 - Understanding The Color Correction Menu
    10:37 - Exposure - Base Corrections
    12:35 - Exposure - Contrast
    14:15 - Color Correcting Skin Tones
    17:35 - Color Balancing Your Footage
    27:19 - Color Grading LOG Footage
    31:43 - Using LUTs/Creative Styling

2015 i5 iMac vs 2019 i5 iMac Comparison Final Cut Pro X

by Geeky Nerdy Techy

Today I am comparing my Late 2015 i5 iMac to the new 2019 i5 iMac. In this video, I will compare how Final Cut Pro X differs with rendering times for H.264 and Mv4. I will also take a look at the overall editing experience and flow. Depending on your type of work and file output you might not even need to upgrade.

Can Rendering a Final Cut Pro X Timeline Speed Up Exports?

By Idustrial Revolution

https://idustrialrevolution.com/blogs...
    Some people say it doesn't matter, some say it slashes export times, who is right? We thought we would put FCPX to the test and find out if pre-rendering timelines gives shorter export times. We've got some interesting results!.

Please help us by liking the video and subscribing. We hope to bring you many more great Final Cut Pro X tutorials in the future and every click helps!

RippleLIVE Episode 11

By Ripple Training

In this week's RippleLIVE, Mark & Steve will show some great tips in Final Cut Pro X and answer your questions. Topic Hyperlinks posted below.

0:30 - Introduction
    2:45 - Mark’s Show Setup on the Road
    4:08 - Working with Connected Clips & Storylines
    16:26 - How does FCP X Handle EDLs
    18:37 - Rotating a Clip in the Browser
    19:53 - Custom LUTs vs Camera LUTs
    21:27 - Exporting Stills at Timeline Resolution
    22:33 - Ripple Training Webinars
    27:08 - Retiming Clips & Preserving Quality
    30:19 - Color Grading for Broadcast
    33:50 - Animate Text Around an Object & How to adjust the Speed

MBS Ep 454: https://youtu.be/oyMbHrJeB6c

36:22 - Game of Thrones Episode 3 Color Grade
    38:16 - Is 1080 Going Obsolete
    40:12 - 30 fps vs 29.97 fps
    41:48 - Monitoring HDR Video
    43:52 - Offline Warning Badge in FCP X
    46:14 - Best Practices for Audio Sweetening a Project with a lot of Edits
    49:21 - Osmo Action Camera
    50:38 - Using the Timeline Index to Filter Missing Media
    51:05 - Storing Motion Content in the Library
    51:57 - Consolidating Many Libraries and Files to a Single RAID
    55:08 - VLog-L vs HLG
    57:30 - 40% Off Warp Speed Editing in Final Cut Pro X: fast-40
    58:44 - Sign Off

Thanks for Watching!!

Want to Edit Faster? Our new FCP X tutorial APP is now for sale on the Mac App Store:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/editi...

Please support the Show by purchasing our new Helpers Plugin for FCP X:
    https://www.rippletraining.com/produc...

How to Add Your Custom Music in Final Cut Pro X

By izzyvideo

This video demonstrates how to make your own custom music accessible from within the Final Cut Pro interface. That way, as you're editing your video, you can easily browse your music and drag it into your project as you need it.

ProFire 5K - Professional Fire Effects for Final Cut Pro X

By Pixel Film Studios

STORE PAGE: https://store.pixelfilmstudios.com/pr...

ProFire 5K has been updated with hours of composite footage and emitter tools. It has been completely overhauled and now includes our built in masking tool and motion tracker to make your editing in final cut pro x that much easier. Take your project to the next level in creativity and professionalism with ProFire 5K from Pixel Film Studios.

Updated:
    ProFire 5k is now updated to include a larger library of fire composite footage as well as newly redesigned fire emitter presets. Utilize the built in tools to easily create professional fire effects in minutes. These tools are designed exclusively for use directly inside of Final Cut Pro X.

Hours of Composites:
    ProFire 5k includes hours of dynamic composite footage that can be used in any Non-Linear Editing software. Simply place the composite footage over your media and use the included compositing effect tool. ProFire 5k was shot in 5k resolution to ensure that no matter how large the user wants to scale up the fire, the footage stays sharp and clear. These composites can also be used in native ultra high definition to match the users vision for any HD format.

Fire Emitter Tools:
    ProFire 5k includes professional fire emitter tools to get you started with any project. Create any type of fire your project needs using one of the simple to use and highly versatile fire emitters.

Built in Motion Tracking & Masking Tools:
    ProFire 5k now adds the ability to track and mask the composite footage, for enhance compositing techniques. FCPX users can track footage to match a camera move, or an object moving within a scene.

Install, Import, and Compose:
    FCPX users simply download and install the necessary FCPX Title and Effect tools. Additionally download the Composite packages and import the footage in FCPX. The composites can be manually composited, or be combined using the FCPX Title and Effect tools to easily transform each fire effect into a stunning display.

Stack Composites:
    ProFire 5K composites allows users to simply add one composite layer to any project, or stack them for even more immersive looks. The possibilities are endless when you combine fire composites and emitters together.

Mix and Match:
    ProFire 5K composites can be used with any non-linear editing software composite based footage. Combine ProFire 5K with smoke and pixie effects as well as much more to turn even the simplest shot into an immersive theatrical experience.

Generate Fire Effects:
    ProFire 5K allows users to generate and track fire effects to any subject in the footage. Edit the controls to adjust how the fire particles interact and move throughout the scene. FCPX users can further modify the color, brightness, contrast, size, and rotation to achieve the perfect fire.

Let it Burn:
    ProFire 5K allows users to add amazing fire composites to any scene within minutes. FCPX users can further modify the brightness contrast, size, and rotation, creating cinematic fire effects.

Endless Possibilities:
    Once the composites are imported and the tools installed, the options are endless. FCPX users can combine composites with different styles, pulling their audience into every environment. ProFire 5K is quick and simple to use making it the premiere plugin for adding fire composites in Final Cut Pro X.

NEW 2019 MacBook Pros - What Video editors need to know!

By Max Yuryev

Published on May 21, 2019
    What 8-Core i9 2019 MacBook Pro's mean for video editors!
    Get your Squarespace site free trial: http://squarespace.com/maxyuryev
    ⬇️more info below⬇️

Simple h.264 or H.265 editing for FCX & Resolve: https://bhpho.to/2JvfBH3
    RAW video editing & Premiere Pro editing: https://bhpho.to/2JwQ5Bc

Final Cut Pro | 6 Things To Do Before Editing

By Casey Toland

All of the tips in this video I've learned after editing in Final Cut Pro for years. I've spent countless hours trying to recover footage, fix errors, and track down files and have finally developed these pre-editing workflow habits that will save anyone that uses them a ton of time.

It will take you only a minute to complete this Final Cut Pro "checklist", but it will save you hours during your edit and on the back end when you're archiving your video projects.

**As stated in the video, the links to the external drives I use are below.**

Follow me:
    https://instagram.com/caseytoland_

Contact (Business Only): contact@caseytoland.com