Thread: IPP2 and 3D LUTS in Camera- Dragon X DSMC2

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 IPP2 and 3D LUTS in Camera- Dragon X DSMC2 
    Hey all...

New Dragon X user here... I'm coming from a Raven, so in camera IPP2 and 3D LUT monitoring are new to me with the Dragon X. I have always had to do it (IPP2) in post and monitored thru our SmallHD w LUT support. After several tries, I finally got a few LUTS to import into the camera. For some reason none of my Philmcolor LUTS will import, but that's a different issue I think.

My main question is, for some reason I can only monitor thru the Top LCD with the 3D LUTs if I choose Rec709 output for the LCD Top monitor settings. When I change the output for LCD Top to be RWG/Log3G10 it only displays the Log View and not with the LUT that was intended to work with RWG/Log3G10. The LUTS do display when I choose Rec709 but it looks way off since they weren't designed for Rec709. All of the LUTs we use are designed to be used IPP2 RWG/Log3G10

My SDI output is set to display RWG/Log3G10 and the LUTS work properly thru my SmallHD monitor. What step am I missing here?

Lastly, do I also have the ability to record the LUTS "baked in" if we need?

Thanks for your help!

Hey Ronnie, fellow Raven owner here so I’m probably not the best resource to try to help as I can’t load a LUT on cam. But under the monitoring settings for the top LCD, is there not an option there to select LUT? Seems like that should be where you select to monitor LUT and not Rec 709. Then also assuming in the “image” settings your image pipeline is set to IPP2 with RWG and Log3g10? Lastly, maybe make sure the output settings with IPP2 (contrast and tone map) are not competing with the LUT your trying to apply. Again, hopefully someone with an IPP2 RED will chime in here to help further!

Not to de-rail your thread but I would love to hear from someone like you who also owned Raven, what are the biggest things your noticing in stepping up to Dragon-X? As far as IQ, noise in low light, sensor size upgrade, what is most significant for you? Would have loved to have done the upgrade myself! Enjoy the new Dragon!

Hi Ronnie,
    i’m waiting for dragon-x. As soon as i can i’ll try to use philmcolor luts in camera
    Hope somebody helps us if i can’t.
    Have you found your solution?

ADD CUSTOM LUT IN THE DISPLAY SETTING YOU HAVE TO ADD IT TO THE SSD THEN FROM MENU ADD IT I HAVE PHILMCOLOR LUTS AND ALSO PRIMERS I SPENT LIKE 4OO$