Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Red Desperation? Red Scam? Whatever it is, it's whack AF!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red Desperation? Red Scam? Whatever it is, it's whack AF! 
    Everyone, please beware.

Yesterday, 2/21/2019, at 2:47pm PST, I received an email from RED Accounts Receivable and two other RED accountants were CC'd. These are all @red.com emails. They were claiming I owed $1,000 from a Helium deposit from OCTOBER 2016. There was little to no other information provided in the first email from them. Just saying I owed $1,000 from a deposit and that is was due by February 25th, 48 business hours later...

I responded that it was a mistake, in which I was replied to by a fourth accountant. She gave three invoices from 2016, two with deposits and a third with the Helium purchase. She explained that I was given a $1,000 credit by RED and that the Helium amount I paid was $1,000 short and that I owed that $1,000 by Monday.

I checked my credit card statement and this information proved to be false. I paid the full price of the Helium.

I want to believe that this was just a simple typo on the invoice.

However, how can 4 accountants on one email chain be looking at these incorrect invoices and not check any other information? Why didn't they check payments received before emailing me? There's no other way for four accountants to double check any other systems to see if their invoices were typed up incorrectly or to see what the person actually paid? Furthermore, why in the hell are they emailing me about invoices from OCTOBER 2016, two and a half years later?

This is extremely embarrassing for RED.

Please everybody, if these "accountants" email you, double check everything before even responding to these people. Whack AF...
    Last edited by Bernard Evans; 02-22-2019 at 07:56 AM.

RED TEAM
    Hello Bernard,

Can you please forward that email chain over to me? I would like to look into this further. My email is dan.baum(at)red.com

3.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #3  
    Bernard, in this day and age, unfortunately, I can see how you would be suspicious. As part of our routine auditing, our team did note a balance due from way back. After additional digging, we duplicated a credit of $1000 back then - our error. So, accounting is going to waive that "due" amount since it was our error in the first place by applying a credit to your account twice. You will receive a note from accounting along this vein, sorry for the hassle.

That’s why I’ve always loved Brent and RED always doing the right thing.
    sergio Arguello:
    Epic-M 459,Epic-X 751
    RED Rocket™™™

sergioarguello.net

Hey Dan and Brent, thank you for taking the time to respond to my post. I really appreciate it.

Brent, thank you for doing that. Finances aside, it means a lot to me. The business to user connection is what makes this place so great.

Feel free to delete this thread/post if necessary.

How "routine" is auditing that is catching a 2.5 year old balance? What concerns me is that if this happened to Bernard, it may have happened to others who don't know to push back/check/etc. and might just hand over the money.
    ---
    Epic-W #001633
    www.joshbecker.net