Thread: looking for powerful LED open face, any recommendations?

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Aputure 300d is nice, but indeed fiddly with all it's pieces. I'm looking forward to when they put out the mkii and combine most of that like they did for the 120d mkii.
    Epic-X Dragon #8014

I wish someone could release a form factor like the 400w Profoto Daylight HMI. Small head with Led chip heat sink and fan and all other electronics, and power supply in a ballast. Keeps the size and weight down. Easy to work with if high up or on a boom arm.
    Last edited by Martin Konrad; 02-20-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Konrad View Post
    I which someone could release a form factor like the 400w Profoto Daylight HMI. Small head with Led chip heat sink and fan and all other electronics, and power supply in a ballast. Keeps the size and weight down. Easy to work with if high up or on a boom arm.
    I'm sure NAB 2019 will see several solutions in this vein, from companies like Hive, etc
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Bob's post about the Anthem One sent me down the rabbit hole. Definitely seems like an interesting product, especially for its price.
    Epic-X Dragon #8014

Aputure 300d is definitely best bang for buck but there's so many pieces. Aside from that, look at HIVE and RAZR. If you can wait, im pretty sure eventually Aputure will release a 300d mark ii.

Check out Relamp by vision smith. Wire up your own cable and you have a small open face. At your own discretion and abilities, of course.

I thought anthem one looked interesting at first but after looking harder and trying it out in person it seems awfully lacking. High price, low CRI except in 4000K, heavy PSU, simplistic control and mounting. I like the concept, but I dont know why their 200W PSU is bigger and heavier than my meanwell 600W LED PSU especially given its lack of functionality.
    Noah Yuan-Vogel | noahyv.com

Quote Originally Posted by James Sielaff View Post
    Check out Relamp by vision smith. Wire up your own cable and you have a small open face. At your own discretion and abilities, of course.
    I've heard this is super finnicky. Perhaps the new models have been updated

Hive seem to have a 575 for autumn, which seems perfect. If its somewhere near a 400w Hmi I will retire all my mid size HMIs

Aputure 330d Mark II was shown at NAB. Single ballast, 20% brigther and much more. Maybe thats now an option.