Thread: iMac Pro P3 to sRGB LUT? HELP!

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 iMac Pro P3 to sRGB LUT? HELP! 
    Since getting this iMac Pro, I've been struggling with getting good results on Vimeo posts and I've narrowed it to this P3 display.
    Does anyone have a reliable P3 to 709 lut I could snag? I have to deliver a corporate project today that's dependent on good skintones and I've been circling the drain on a real solution.

https://premierepro.net/color-management-premiere-pro/

This should help. I know After Effects can do proper display Colorspace management and I believe Premiere is able to do the same. If you are working in a Rec709 timeline with Display Color Management on things should look correct on your display. (Less saturated colors overall depending on what you were looking at before so you may need to adjust).

What is happening is your rec709 or sRGB gamut of your timeline gets stretched all the way out to the P3 gamut of the display. Turning on Display Colorspace Management allows Premiere to properly talk to the ColorSync system built into macOS. You should leave your display color profile at the default factory calibrated profile.

When you export your content Premiere should assign the proper rec709 color primaries and gamma tags to the output file. There are still a lot of variables but should get you much closer.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    https://premierepro.net/color-management-premiere-pro/

This should help. I know After Effects can do proper display Colorspace management and I believe Premiere is able to do the same. If you are working in a Rec709 timeline with Display Color Management on things should look correct on your display. (Less saturated colors overall depending on what you were looking at before so you may need to adjust).

What is happening is your rec709 or sRGB gamut of your timeline gets stretched all the way out to the P3 gamut of the display. Turning on Display Colorspace Management allows Premiere to properly talk to the ColorSync system built into macOS. You should leave your display color profile at the default factory calibrated profile.

When you export your content Premiere should assign the proper rec709 color primaries and gamma tags to the output file. There are still a lot of variables but should get you much closer.
    Thanks Andrew!