Thread: Premiere 2019 - BSOD

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16
  1. #11  
    Senior Member DJ Meyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    821
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a pretty generic error and it could be any number of things.

    Which CPU do you have? If its one that has Quick Sync you could be getting a conflict between that and Nvidia hardware decode of h.264 footage if Adobe has changed the way they handle that in 2019.

    It could also be something seemingly unrelated like audio drivers that the mp4 files are triggering.

    Go into Device Manager and make disable audio devices one by one to see if you can find what is causing the problem.

    You could also try editing an mp4 that does not have an audio track at all and see if it crashes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR is a pretty generic error and it could be any number of things.

    Which CPU do you have? If its one that has Quick Sync you could be getting a conflict between that and Nvidia hardware decode of h.264 footage if Adobe has changed the way they handle that in 2019.

    It could also be something seemingly unrelated like audio drivers that the mp4 files are triggering.

    Go into Device Manager and make disable audio devices one by one to see if you can find what is causing the problem.

    You could also try editing an mp4 that does not have an audio track at all and see if it crashes.
    I would like to, but if each BSOD is a risk to brick my computer I'm not doing it. Other software crashes, fine, but not such an alarming issue.
    My processor is the Intel Core i9 7960X 2.8 GHz 22MB. It handles realtime decode of Monstro 8K, but in Premiere 2019, seems to fail to handle 1080p mp4
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member DJ Meyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    821
    Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    I would like to, but if each BSOD is a risk to brick my computer I'm not doing it. Other software crashes, fine, but not such an alarming issue.
    My processor is the Intel Core i9 7960X 2.8 GHz 22MB. It handles realtime decode of Monstro 8K, but in Premiere 2019, seems to fail to handle 1080p mp4
    Up to you man. I have never seen an OS BSOD damage a system except in the case where the hardware was failing anyway (which was causing the BSOD).

    Whether or not you bought top of the line is not really relevant as even the highest end boards etc have some bad ones in the mix.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    79
    I have a very similar setup as you Christoffer, also had BSOD with Adobe PP 2019. No overclocking with my system either, I backed down in PP model and it solved it.

    Later upgrading another workstation shifting some computer components both systems got BSOD, the thing that solved it for me that time and may be related to the first BSOD is that I somehow during upgrades and different Windows 10 edition managed to have the same original key for Windows installed on both machines, so after being in Microsofts telephone line for 45 min (with some really freaky backround music that they use for some reason) I gave up and bought a new copy of Windows 10 Pro.

    After that, no BSOD.

    I now run PP 2019.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Hurberg View Post
    I have a very similar setup as you Christoffer, also had BSOD with Adobe PP 2019. No overclocking with my system either, I backed down in PP model and it solved it.

    Later upgrading another workstation shifting some computer components both systems got BSOD, the thing that solved it for me that time and may be related to the first BSOD is that I somehow during upgrades and different Windows 10 edition managed to have the same original key for Windows installed on both machines, so after being in Microsofts telephone line for 45 min (with some really freaky backround music that they use for some reason) I gave up and bought a new copy of Windows 10 Pro.

    After that, no BSOD.

    I now run PP 2019.
    Weird, but good to know that the issue is replicated. I don't however have two copies of Windows, only a brand new bought copy of Windows 10 Pro for this build. So, not sure what that means.
    I can stick with Premiere Pro 2018 for now, I can still use Media Encoder to code ProRes masters outside of Premiere, which is nice. I probably won't call Microsoft, hate freaky music :D
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Meyer View Post

    Whether or not you bought top of the line is not really relevant as even the highest end boards etc have some bad ones in the mix.
    Of course, however, after nearly 20 years of fixing my own tech problems, it has in 99% of the cases been about bad software coding rather than hardware, except for memory issues on cheap RAM. But high end systems have rarely failed in hardware. This has been very true everytime an actual solution comes from workaround people, finding some bad little irrelevant setting in a config file somwhere, hack-changed it and fixed all problems with major software releases. THAT shows how bad big corp softwares really are, especially with giving out firmware fixes fast on problems that are major. The best indication that my hardware isn't the problem is that I can edit in Premiere 2018 fine, I can encode using 2019 media encoder, I can grade 6K R3Ds in Resolve with almost realtime playback at full premium with tons of nodes, and pretty much any post production without any major problems. But a single 1080p sequence of MP4 clips in 2019 kills my rig, I don't have to deduce much to figure out that it's premiere 2019 that's the problem.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts