Thread: REDVOLTS Wont take a charge.

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 REDVOLTS Wont take a charge. 
    Hi everyone, having an issue with some REDVOLT batteries - out of the 4 I own, 2 wont take a charge. I contacted RED support, and after exactly 0 troubleshooting steps, they told me to buy new batteries.
    Before I go spending money, I wanted to see if you all had any advice. I tried some troubleshooting ideas I found on the forum, but am at a dead end.

I have 2 travel chargers and 4 batteries. Two of them charge up just fine on either charger. The other two are completely dead. In fact, putting them in my Scarlet Dragons side handle and powering up with a brick on the rear, it says the batteries are "incompatible with this firmware" and checking the status shows them at -1%.

Placing them on either charger, they both start flashing orange like normal for a few seconds, then go straight to flashing red/green. Sometimes it take half a second, other times it takes 30s. The status LED will light up and blink if I press the button, while on the charger. If I take them off, I can press them once before they are to empty to flash.
    I saw some suggestions here about plugging them in over and over, and even doing so directly from the outlet, to trick the batteries into charging, but have not had any luck - maybe slightly longer orange status this way. The pins are clean and straight.

I suspect I need new ones, but I want to be sure first. These came with a package I just bought, and I was warned in advance that all 4 recently didn't want to charge. They all look immaculate and are stored in a hard case at room temperature. My hope is holding out since two of them had no issues at all.

TIA for any suggestions or tips - and since this is my first post, im happy to be joining your forums! Thanks for having me.

Batteries don't last forever. I guess I have had some luck with Vmounts that were reluctant to charge by rubber banding them tightly into the charger and that worked for a little bit. I got a few more cycles out of them. You could try a different charger and see if they will work on that. I'd say you need new batteries!

Thanks Ryan! I figured as much

I've had this issue occur from time to time on one of my redvolts, if you leave the battery on the charger it will eventually take the charge, it may take up to 20 minutes for it to register but it does work. Hope this works for you.

I've left em on for a few hours now :(

I'll keep letting em try, but I think im buying new ones