Thread: Exporting 6K from Premiere 2019 to Youtube only showing 360P

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Exporting 6K from Premiere 2019 to Youtube only showing 360P 
    I've been scratching my head over this for the past few days. I create a new sequence in Premiere 2019, import a 6k (6144 x 3160) r3d and try to export a small 5 second clip from it. I've tried doing:

Quicktime
    Prores 4444
    Prores 422
    Prores 422 Proxy
    Prores 422 HQ
    DNxHR / DNxHD 8-Bit

as well as H.264 40mbps Bitrate w/ changed resolution to source.

I've uploaded all test clips to Youtube and all of them seem to be stuck at 360P (which plays) along with a 720P option (which doesn't). I figured it may just take time for YouTube to process the video but its only a 5 second clip and it's been a few days.

Does anyone have any experience exporting R3D clips from Premiere Pro CC 2019 so they show up at 6K on YouTube? I've followed a few videos on YouTube to get the above suggestions with no luck.

YouTube doesn't do 6k. It's probably binned it as some degenerate 8k format that's cropped in both horizontal and vertical and for that reason it gets kicked to the absolute back of the line every time somebody submits an 8k video that's correct in at least one dimension.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

I've had a 6k video converted to 5k in the past, does YouTube do 5k? Perhaps I can submit that resolution instead?

5k seems to work just fine (5120 x 2880). Thanks for your help!

Is there any higher resolution between 5k and 6k that YouTube will recognize? I shot the footage in 6k full frame.