Thread: Criticism Wanted! - Red One MX footage

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Criticism Wanted! - Red One MX footage 
    Hi Guys,

So I recently caught the filmmaking bug from being a photographer for over 14 years and wanting to try something new.

Below I have pasted a link to a recent "highlight" reel I did from an equestrian event (I'm an equestrian photograpger by trade) and I would like some feedback so I can improve for future projects.

All of this was shot handheld one the Red One MX with either a Nikon 24mm F1.8 or a Nikon 80-200mm F2.8 with focusing done via the red monitor. All shot in 4K with the slowmo shot in 2K and graded and edited in Premiere.

I look forward for your feedback :)

Cheers,

Seb

I would get rid of all of the text at the start. For a reel, you might only get the first clip or two to catch someones attention. All of the text isn't necessary. Other than that I think you are good. Best of luck.

Utah Video Productions

I'd recommend getting on a tripod, getting closer shots, and ideally be on the same level as the action happening (rather than the stadium shots looking down).

The reason for all three in combination is just to separate your images a bit more from people who might just show up and be taking footage with their smartphones. Anyone can get those angles, have a handheld feel, and be far away - what will set your work apart is being able to show moments audience members don't necessarily experience being in the stands.

Thank you for the advice so far guys. :)

Cheers,

Seb

Banned
    Hi Sebastian, amazing work shot on the Red One.