Thread: Any issues lately with uploading 8K footage to YouTube?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Any issues lately with uploading 8K footage to YouTube? 
    Hi everybody (if this is in the wrong forum, please move),

I'm a RED Epic-W shooter and have been uploading 8K native H.264 video to YouTube since November without issues. Suddenly this week, I'm seeing my 8K uploads get stuck in the encoding process - the video will encode in 240p, 360p and it has a listing for 720p but if you select that the video just sits there spinning. All previous videos were rendered out of Adobe Premiere (latest version) with no issues (playback resolutions up to 8K were available).

If you've uploaded an 8K video in the past 2-3 weeks, or if you can upload a native 8K clip to YouTube for a test I'd love to hear back from you. Thanks!
    //Aaron

Update - so looks like anything over 6K resolution won't process over 360p since at least 1/15 - if anyone can please post a test video uploaded to YouTube after 1/15, I'd love to see if it processed for you.
    //Aaron

Had the same issue, asked here and saw your thread http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...y-showing-360P

6k won't work on youtube for some reason, not sure if it's a new thing but change it to 5k and you'll be fine (5120 x 2880). If you find a way to get 6k working or find something in between please let me know.