Thread: Green Cast with Formatt 0.6 ND / Best 4x4 ND Filters for Gemini Sensor

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tom,

The only thing I could find so far was this article below that talks about the firecrest Ultra Landscape ND filters, but not really a difference between the two.

http://dibsphotography.com/formatt-h...pe-nd-filters/

Here is a Vimeo Video of a Formatt Firecrest 3.0(10 stops) IRND Filter being used with Two Fuji Stills Cameras and Two Fuji Stills Lenses.

Roadtrip New Zealand - From South to North

From Vimeo...

"A brief look at our roadtrip through New Zealand. A 2500 kilometers trip from South Island to North
    Island (Pacific Coast)

I used my Fujifilm X100F for most of the pictures and the rest was shooting with my Fujifilm X-T1 and the Fujinon XF 14mm and Fujinon XF 55-200.

I used a Firecrest IRND 3.0 (10 stops) from Formatt-Hitech for my long exposure shots."

Music:
    Artist: Olafur Arnalds
    Song: Passages

Here's A video from a Fuji XT With various lenses that used Formatt Hitech Firecrest Filters.

What is now left in East Anglia

From Vimeo...

"A short moving image piece looking into what is now left of the sites that plaid a part during the Cold war in East Anglia.
    This is some handheld and tripod based experimental footage. I did not go out to shoot any of the film footage with pre planned thoughts. I have just gone to take still images and then responded to how each location made me feel at the time and shot short sequences of film.

The footage was shot using the:

Fujifilm X-T2.
    The 16-55 mm lens
    The 10-24 mm lens
    The 35 mm f/1.4 lens
    The 100-400 mm lens
    The Samyang 12 mm f/2 lens

Formatt Hitech Firecrest Filters

Again a massive thank you to PURE MOTORISED INSTINCT for the use of the song Euphoria Bliss.
    Also a massive thank you to Former RAF Coltishall now Scottow enterprise park and Bentwaters Parks and RAF Barnham for permission to be using the sites.

Some years ago I purchased a Formatt HD ND filter set after much hype from Able Cine. I fell for it. Junk. Crossed Formatt off my list forever. Now I use NISI nano ND filters exclusively and love them. Excellent anti reflective coating and they shed dust and water easily.

With Firecrest 4x5.65 On Gemini, i dont notice any color drift on mine.

Formatt Hitech got back to me and said the old cinema Firecrests are the same as the new Ultras and they have just been re badged to match the new and improved 2mm stills versions. The good thing is because they have been re badged I was able to get the originals much cheaper. :)

I thought this was good info for anyone thinking of buying some new Firecrests in the future.

Tom,

Thanks for the info!

I have both Firecrest 4x5.65 and 77mm - and have never noticed any color shift on either my Scarlet-W or Gemini. They are really stellar filters!
    Scott Selman
    Director/Producer | DP
    CYM Media
    scott@cymmedia.com

DSMC2 Gemini #015199 "Les"
    Angenieux EZ-1 30-90
    Sigma Cine 18-35
    Sony A7Riii
    Sony GM 24-70mm
    Zeiss Batis 40mm
    Blackmagic Pocket 6k & 4k
    SmallHD 1703 P3X
    SmallHD 703
    Teradek 1000XT & DSMC2 Module

i've tested both firecrest and nisi, neither have shifts on helium. But the firecrest 2mm filters are too think for the Atom matte box because the flex when clamped in. Nisi 4mm versions are much cheaper than the 4mm formatt. So in the end i went down the Nisi route and have no complaints. But i saw no colour shift with formatt and i think Rand could be right in that off ebay you don't know what you're getting.

Unless you bought the firecrests i sold on ebay :)

cheers
    Paul