Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Zharmane Washington View Post
    LOl yea right its call Straight Line Depreciation
    Depreciation Schedule
    2018 $6,875.00 $1,500.00 $3,125.00 $5,375.00
    2019 $5,375.00 $1,500.00 $4,625.00 $3,875.00
    2020 $3,875.00 $1,500.00 $6,125.00 $2,375.00
    2021 $2,375.00 $1,375.00 $7,500.00 $1,000.00

In year three which is what we are in for the RED raven you should not be be paying over $6,875 for a used RED raven Body unless its new. and Also in year 5th of the RED epic Red stopped servicing the camera. FACTS
    that's alternative facts.
    there is such thing as supply and demand and if there are no other options for a cheaper way to get into red then a 15k body with no mount, then ravens and scarlet will hold their value for those who only want to spend a 1/3 of the price to get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter battani View Post
    This was shot with the raven and Zeiss 21mm cp2, audio is from the internal raven mics. I have the raven in sale for 8000us it’s too much?

https://youtu.be/FLkWKAyGrNs
    Get a Red Hydrogen One.

Quote Originally Posted by Zharmane Washington View Post
    LOl yea right its call Straight Line Depreciation
    Depreciation Schedule
    2018 $6,875.00 $1,500.00 $3,125.00 $5,375.00
    2019 $5,375.00 $1,500.00 $4,625.00 $3,875.00
    2020 $3,875.00 $1,500.00 $6,125.00 $2,375.00
    2021 $2,375.00 $1,375.00 $7,500.00 $1,000.00

In year three which is what we are in for the RED raven you should not be be paying over $6,875 for a used RED raven Body unless its new. and Also in year 5th of the RED epic Red stopped servicing the camera. FACTS

Supply & demand is also in play. Thats why a porsche 911 from the 80´s can cost more than a new one. Lots of people want a low cost entry line red camera. Raven is not manufactured any more, and there is no other available option in the same price category currently. That should drive the price up. Simply next step is Gemini which is offcourse better but quite a leap. I think those circumstances will actuall do so that Raven is likely to hold its value better than most red cameras. Lot of people that want the high speed capability and dont care for the limitations of the EF mount. And the fact that the accessories fits the rest of the line up, and that it has the dragon sensor makes it a quite attractive B camera for those that already have a DSMC2 camera as well. So dont see the price drop to 1000USD any time soon.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    Additionally, the price point that they were originally sold at was very generous (on RED's part) to begin with. That number seems to be undervaluing such a powerful piece of hardware.
    It was pretty clear to me that it didn’t take long for RED to regret their #4K4ALL hashtag when releasing the Raven. Their business model has reverted back to high price camera bodies.

IMO the Raven will have a big bang for the buck for some time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin D'Haeze View Post
    It was pretty clear to me that it didn’t take long for RED to regret their #4K4ALL hashtag when releasing the Raven. Their business model has reverted back to high price camera bodies.

IMO the Raven will have a big bang for the buck for some time yet.
    Honestly the Raven does the trick for me on nearly every level. I miss the 6K from the Dragon but i don't feel like i'm missing it that much.

I hope someone else targets that market again soon. 4K 120 in something like the Raven is amazing. I'm wondering if the Hydrogen, once built out will be close to filling the space the Raven leaves. I'm hopeful someone like BM or even Sony pick up the gap RED is leaving here. It's really unfortunate. Especially when you see stuff off the Raven competing with content shot on Monstro's in terms of quality of Content and still maintaining a great picture. Still comes down to who has their hands on the equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Loewe View Post
    ... you see stuff off the Raven competing with content shot on Monstro's in terms of quality of Content and still maintaining a great picture. Still comes down to who has their hands on the equipment.
    Agree 100%... if you are versed in lighting/blocking, and have a good eye, any camera in the RED lineup is going to deliver great results.

Couldn't agree more. I had the upgrade bug for a minute, but my Raven does exactly what I need for the documentary work I do. Saw a great YouTube video talking about how pursuit of gear is ruining photography as an art form. I love Red but at the end of the day, they're a camera company with a bottom line and need to make sales. I will be holding onto Raven indefinitely, markets and upgrades be damned. If I need something higher res, that's what rental houses and Lens Rentals are for.

Hey Joe, I'd be interested to hear what your "documentary Raven kit" is comprised of. What does your "essentials" setup have? It's always educational to hear how others do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin D'Haeze View Post
    Hey Joe, I'd be interested to hear what your "documentary Raven kit" is comprised of. What does your "essentials" setup have? It's always educational to hear how others do it.
    Hey Kevin, nothing special. My normal setup is Raven w/a DSMC2 side handle, A Box w/Sennheiser shotgun or running audio to a Tascam, and I have a Sigma Cine kit. 14mm FF Prime, 18-35mm, and 50-100mm and the ol' Canon 70-200mm.

The last series of short docs I made for a client were done entirely on Ravens sans any aerial and timelapse work.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrata Sen View Post
    Red has discontinued Scarlet-W and Raven? Can't find them anymore on Red site!
    B&H has the Raven as discontinued. It’s worthless now but still produces ok footage but Red has lost me as a customer. I bought this a year ago from Apple, another company that screws its base. At least with Apple there’s macrumors.com which has a buyers guide. I like the Raven but dislike the company. I bought a Hydrogen and use it a lot, really like h4v!
    However, will not buy any add on. With Nikon, Canon, and say a Magic I can get information on end of life. Red’s raw footage is great but I’m an artist, cannot afford to buy more.
    Again, I like the modular Raven, and quality but if I upgrade to a Dragon I’m down over 30k in a year. I’m an idiot.