Thread: Is Raven discontinued?

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Is Raven discontinued? 
    Red has discontinued Scarlet-W and Raven? Can't find them anymore on Red site!
    Independent filmmaker. Owner of a production/ post production studio, including creation of DCPs

Correct.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Yup that is why I think they should not be sold for more than $4,500 a Brain. Soon red will not have parts to fix them. So that put owners at a disadvantage.

I think those monstros are getting long in the tooth and should also be sold for like $7000 maybe $7500 if the hours are really low

Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's a little disingenuous to talk about how little the Raven's are worth while simultaneously trying to buy one...

raven and scarlet actually should hold their value as entry level cameras, now not offered, but red will still maintain service for them for years to come as people have 3 year warranties that just bought packages a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Remsy Atassi View Post
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but it's a little disingenuous to talk about how little the Raven's are worth while simultaneously trying to buy one...
    RED Raven V-Lock Base I/O. Former RED ONE MX BT Owner http://www.imdb.me/ramasseshead

Quote Originally Posted by Zharmane Washington View Post
    Yup that is why I think they should not be sold for more than $4,500 a Brain. Soon red will not have parts to fix them. So that put owners at a disadvantage.
    I couldn't disagree more. The brains are extremely similar to the rest of the DSMC2 lineup, so parts shouldn't be an issue. Additionally, the price point that they were originally sold at was very generous (on RED's part) to begin with. That number seems to be undervaluing such a powerful piece of hardware.

This was shot with the raven and Zeiss 21mm cp2, audio is from the internal raven mics. I have the raven in sale for 8000us it’s too much?

https://youtu.be/FLkWKAyGrNs

Quote Originally Posted by Remsy Atassi View Post
    LOl yea right its call Straight Line Depreciation
    Depreciation Schedule
    2018 $6,875.00 $1,500.00 $3,125.00 $5,375.00
    2019 $5,375.00 $1,500.00 $4,625.00 $3,875.00
    2020 $3,875.00 $1,500.00 $6,125.00 $2,375.00
    2021 $2,375.00 $1,375.00 $7,500.00 $1,000.00

In year three which is what we are in for the RED raven you should not be be paying over $6,875 for a used RED raven Body unless its new. and Also in year 5th of the RED epic Red stopped servicing the camera. FACTS