Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2 Unified Dragon-X

Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324 LastLast
    Will I be able to send in an upgraded dragon X for Gemini immediately?
    Last edited by Aaron Almquist; 12-17-2018 at 10:17 AM.

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #212  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan de Wit View Post
    I own a Scarlet-W and I'm curious if the upgrade to Dragon-x will speed up the system as well. Since starting up the camera and loading recorded clips seems to take pretty long now. Would the upgrade make the camera the same as for instance the Gemini, except for the sensor of course.
    All DSMC2 cameras share the same internals (aside from the sensor-specific board).

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Almquist View Post
    Will I be able to send in an upgraded dragon X for Gemini immediately?
    As with all upgrades, you would have to schedule it.

Anyone can guess that thin monitor cable in the adorama demo video?
    Modest Helium Kit + Pro Primes
    -GG
    ggcinema.com

Do you know when the Dragon-X kit will be shipping? I placed my order at B&H and assume they won't be too far behind the stock coming directly from RED.

Thank you

I love my Scarlet W- i only bought it in January of this year. Its made me a lot of money. I feel like i could definitely benefit from the upgrade, but not sure if its worth $5000, There are so many other things i need. RED has been in an ongoing cycle of new cameras, and sensors and upgrades. I think ill wait til the dust settles and enjoy this amazing camera a bit longer before I jump to the next one. I know some people buy an iPhone every time one comes out. They wait in long ass lines and pay all that money, just for a couple features that they didn't even care about before they were announced. Im not one of them, i held on to my iPhone 5 until the 8 came out, and right when i bought it.... they announced the 10 lol.

but 96fps at 5k would be nice lol

Anyone know when the RAVEN upgrade announcement is?

I am right in the very same boat!

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Weaver View Post
    Is there a difference between a sensor upgrade and a sensor swap??

Because I see there is an option for a sensor upgrade from Dragon-X to Gemini for $5k.

I'm currently Scarlet-W and would like to eventually be Gemini. Can't afford the $12.5k today. But If I upgraded to the Dragon-X now for $5k and then sometime later had the option to upgrade to the Gemini for $5k... then that might be a sell for me.
    Scarlet-W

Rikki Rockett
    Slave To The Rhythm Productions, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rikki Rockett View Post
    I am right in the very same boat!
    Upgrade is a one way street, you lose the old sensor.

Swap implies you either have Armor-X ($6000 covers 2 years) or will purchase it with the purchase an additional sensor ($5000 for Gemini sensor, others available), to be interchanged with the Dragon sensor you already own. RED holds onto the old sensor to be swapped back when you want (1 free swap per year, $2K per swap afterwards).

RED DSMC2 Dragon-X Test Shoot

From Youtube...

Published on Jan 6, 2019
    The new RED Dragon-X used for a test shoot in New York City. 12.27.18

Playground I RED Dragon-X

From Youtube...

Published on Jan 6, 2019
    Another test of the RED Dragon-X

Last edited by rand thompson; 01-07-2019 at 12:22 PM.

I don't know you sir but I am that exact customer of Red you talked about. I just bought the dragon-x kit. I don't make money in film or television. I'm not in the industry. I bought this camera to fulfill a dream. I now feel I have the same chance to create with the tools that most of these incredible professionals use. I'm at awe at most of the work I see here. So if I can spend a small amount of money compared to what other companies charge for their cameras in order to atleast try my dream as a filmmaker, I'm happy as hell. Thank you for the opportunity, thank you for the kit that allows me shoot right out the box. Most importantly. I thank the guys on these threads because I learn so much. I also know as a business man that some people will never be happy unless things are free. Cars make new models every year, or other year. They Loose value as soon as they drive off the lot. cant make a motion picture with a car, cant capture the essense of a moment in time with a vehicle, unless its a Chevelle ha ha ha. You Get my point, you cant please everybody. I sure as hell am happy. I am a red owner. Peace