Thread: RED DSMC2 HELIUM HD-SDI PROBLEM WITH SMALLHD OLED SDI AC7

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RED DSMC2 HELIUM HD-SDI PROBLEM WITH SMALLHD OLED SDI AC7 
    Hi,

I'm having issues with a Red DSMC2 Helium related to the HD-SDI. I have the DSMC2 V-Lock I/O Expander and while I'm trying to connect through the sdi to a SmallHD AC7, I can't get picture. I tried different cables, different power options. I even sent my monitor to SmallHD for service which they connect and had no issues. I connect the same SmallHD to other cameras and all was working. It works with the RED through HDMI but it doesn't work on SDI. I tried toggling the on and off HD-SDI as well, and still no success.

I'm wondering if someone is having issues with they sdi connection, and possible some solution.

I'm on firmware 7.0.4.

Thanks

Did you enable the SDI? There is a checkbox in the SDI monitor setting. Also is the frequency set to automatic? That might help.
    Movme inc.
    Red Epic-W s/n 4015, 8K Digital Cinema Camera
    MacBook Pro 6 core, FCP-X
    DJI Ronin, Ready Rig, Vaxis 500+, Tilta Nucleus-M, OSEE HSM-700, Dynacore Mini

Yes, I disable / enable the SDI. I also changed the frequency to auto but still no signal. Thanks

Try powering it from the AC power supply. May be a battery issue. Also check the voltage display on monitor and rear analog sub drop down menu. What batteries are you using?
    A Peter Strietmann
    plaidass1@mac.com
    [url]https://peterstrietmann.com

"Read or bleed people, learn or burn."

Hi, thank you all for the information.

I could solve the issue, and the problem was on the power of the SmallHD AC7. I was powering using a canon LP-E6 adapter for the monitor and with that setup just the HDMI was working. I powered the monitor through p-tap power and both SDI and HDMI are back in business.