Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: UHD and scaling confusion

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 UHD and scaling confusion 
    I just got an UHD monitor and pluged in Redcine X. But it looks a bit strange.
    It feels as if everything is scaled double. How do I change this or verify it. One oddity is that when the video is at 100% it is really 200% so I need to set it to 50% if I want to se the full pixels. Confusing.

Any ideas?
    /Andreas
    www.ObergWildlife.com- Natural History Filmmaking
    www.WildlifeRescueMovie.com- Saving the animals of the Rainforest!
    2 x RED DSCM2 8K Helium, Phantom 4K VEO990, Movi Pro Gimbal, Inspire 2 X7, OConnor 2560, Canon 50-1000mm

2.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #2  
    Hi Andreas,

To get the full resolution of the source material you need to set the combo box above the viewer to "Full". This does a demosaic to full resolution. Then when the combo box to the right of it is set to 100%, you are seeing an unscaled image @ 1:1. If you have to set that combo box to 50%, to see the entire image in the viewer, you are now scaling the image down by 50%.

Does that make sense?

Unless your source material is UHD resolution and you are viewing in full screen, you will have to resize the image to see all of it in RCX.

The SDI output has its own resolution setting as well, located under Preferences -> Video Out. This defaults to 1080p output.