Thread: Tilta Nucleus Nano available for PreOrder $229.

Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    Has anyone got the Nucleus-Nano motor to communicate with the Nucleus-N handle (LP-E6 version in my case). I have the motor set to slave and I have tried all of the channels and can't seem to get any communication between the devices. Working through it with support but that is a bit slow going at the moment.
    Steve Sherrick

My Nano handle/motor communication worked right out of the box. Steve, in your post you note Nucleus-N handle - did you mean Nucleus-M?

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Blair S. Paulsen View Post
    My Nano handle/motor communication worked right out of the box. Steve, in your post you note Nucleus-N handle - did you mean Nucleus-M?

Cheers - #19
    It's actually this one.
    https://tilta.com/shop/tiltaing-side...ry-tilta-gray/

Steve Sherrick

Do those handles need to have the motor plugged in? I wasn't sure if they were wireless, and hence didn't think they needed to be set any certain way (just have the wireless handle turned off, and the nano-motor plugged into the handle mUSB).

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Do those handles need to have the motor plugged in? I wasn't sure if they were wireless, and hence didn't think they needed to be set any certain way (just have the wireless handle turned off, and the nano-motor plugged into the handle mUSB).
    Came with no instructions, there's no info on their website. I thought it was similar to Nucleus M handle (which does work perfectly fine with nano as I have tested it) with smaller footprint but maybe I'm wrong. The Micro USB is used for powering the motor so I don't think it's meant to be hard wired, although you can draw power from the handle to power the motor if you want. Wish it came with documentation or there was documentation on their website.
    Steve Sherrick

If anyone is interested I'm making a batch of custom P-Tap to Micro USB cables for myself and some friends. $30 each plus $5 shipping up to 3 cables.
    I'll test them on my personal Nano but other than that it's at your own risk. These are 14V+ straight wired cables so they'll fry a phone or other USB device that's not rated for it like the Nano motor.
    The cables I'm using are 24AWG and rated for 1Amp+ charging so there should be no issues, I've yet to see a Nano pull over .75A on the Red internal meter.
    Please E-mail me Payment through Venmo or Paypal.

Connectors can be straight...

Up...

Or down...

Length can be anything up to 3'/1M
    "All art is deception."

My DP reel...
    http://www.evingrantdp.com
    360 Cinematography and camera rigs...
    http://www.360dop.com

I'm looking for a wireless FF. I have two question that will sway me for yea or nay on this... How is the motor strength and does the motor make any noise? I have found the cheaper wireless FF will produce noise specially when focusing fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamil Stubbs View Post
    I'm looking for a wireless FF. I have two question that will sway me for yea or nay on this... How is the motor strength and does the motor make any noise? I have found the cheaper wireless FF will produce noise specially when focusing fast...
    I've been very impressed by this little guy, it's totally capable of working on anything but the stiffest lenses (with direct 14V power) and I've found the motor it's self essentially noiseless, the gear can have some noise depending on the mesh with the lens but it's BY FAR the best affordable unit I've tried. You pretty much have to go up to the Nucleus M package to get a better system. I'm mostly using it as a dedicated iris control these days since my AC's have WUC1s, Prestons or Nucleus M systems but it's worked a treat on some personal projects as well. At $250 it's a no brainer really.
    "All art is deception."

My DP reel...
    http://www.evingrantdp.com
    360 Cinematography and camera rigs...
    http://www.360dop.com

My other choice was a bartech with the M one motor...Older but reliable..

Evan, curious where you found the Micro Connector with the 90 angle?