Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC3 Wish list

Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    It needs to output 1:1 for focus on one monitor and fullscreen on another. I wish I never had to punch to 1:1 but rather had a second monitor wich always showed 1:1. Letting a monitor zoom the 1080 signal is not a good solution.
    ^ THIS (for the 1000th time)
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    It needs to output 1:1 for focus on one monitor and fullscreen on another. I wish I never had to punch to 1:1 but rather had a second monitor wich always showed 1:1. Letting a monitor zoom the 1080 signal is not a good solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    ^ THIS (for the 1000th time)
    +2, critical focus at 8k is tough, constantly flipping back and forth only works on static things.

please make nice REC button, its cold here and we need have some responce from cam
    " Speed needed for catching fleas "

I think that Sony is actually on something when then moved the sensor block from the rest of the camera. Just watch this rig and imagine it been much smaller and more elegant. It would be great to have the option to have the camera on the back.

If go pro and dji´s action camera can utilize the gyro data for image stabilization, so can red!!!
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

China companies are pushing hard, as it is the country in all senses, they have realise that they can build companies too, not only everything for other companies, cameras as ZCam (RAW, 15+ stops of DR, 8K, up to 60fps tiny cameras, under $5000 are already in October....) among others coming are the prove that some disruptive time is coming, RED better your eyes open, not sure if ARRI will bother, and provably won't lose all their market/clients, but 2019 will be remembered as a disruptive year, mark these words.... time to time....

Quote Originally Posted by David Moreno Belmonte View Post
    China companies are pushing hard, as it is the country in all senses, they have realise that they can build companies too, not only everything for other companies, cameras as ZCam (RAW, 15+ stops of DR, 8K, up to 60fps tiny cameras, under $5000 are already in October....) among others coming are the prove that some disruptive time is coming, RED better your eyes open, not sure if ARRI will bother, and provably won't lose all their market/clients, but 2019 will be remembered as a disruptive year, mark these words.... time to time....
    Heard a lot about ZCam, haven't seen any proof.

Isn't ZCam a subsidiary of Huawei or ZTE or something similar(state sponsored chinees spying machinery), so Trump can block it.

Hahaha first of all I doubt that China needs to spy to anyone, I live in Asia for the last 6 years and I can tell you, in technology stuff they are just ahead, I have personally asked in ZCam forums hundreds of times for professional DR test and nothing has been provided, but it is true that all the users feedbacks and test + footage looks really great. You can find more info in their Facebook page. The realise of their 6K and 8K models is a fact, already presented them in NAB 2019 check the videos in youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by David Moreno Belmonte View Post
    Hahaha first of all I doubt that China needs to spy to anyone, I live in Asia for the last 6 years and I can tell you, in technology stuff they are just ahead, I have personally asked in ZCam forums hundreds of times for professional DR test and nothing has been provided, but it is true that all the users feedbacks and test + footage looks really great. You can find more info in their Facebook page. The realise of their 6K and 8K models is a fact, already presented them in NAB 2019 check the videos in youtube.
    Facebook is Trumps equivalent of China's Huawei, with the difference that Facebooks spying is proven, so not going to use it.
    This is what i've seen about the ZCam https://www.cinema5d.com/three-new-z...-frame-format/
    13 stops and crappy codecs, not a threat for current high-end (ARRI, RED, SONY) as far as I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Facebook is Trumps equivalent of China's Huawei, with the difference that Facebooks spying is proven, so not going to use it.
    This is what i've seen about the ZCam https://www.cinema5d.com/three-new-z...-frame-format/
    13 stops and crappy codecs, not a threat for current high-end (ARRI, RED, SONY) as far as I see it.

But a clever 6k S35mm sensor. RED please get us that Monstro S35mm cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Isn't ZCam a subsidiary of Huawei or ZTE or something similar(state sponsored chinees spying machinery), so Trump can block it.
    Sooner than I expected:

Google pulls Huawei’s Android license, forcing it to use open source version

A dramatic escalation in the US war on Chinese tech firms

https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/19/1...oid-suspension