Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Remington Chase View Post
    a lawsuit.
    over which product?
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Remington Chase View Post
    Well they are not as bad as DJI who avoided NAB altogether to dodge a lawsuit.
    Tell us more.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by James Darren View Post
    Tilta is one of the worst companies in existence from a moral and ethics standpoint. They have zero regard for copyright or IP infringement.

Also their customer service is beyond terrible. You will get zero after sale customer support from them.

I would strongly advise against buying any of their products....
    I take issue with the second part of that. Kinda. The Nucleus-M group buy was a clusterfuck, but I've actually had good and fast responses from them when I, for example, needed a replacement rod clamp for the Nucleus M.

No issue with the moral argument, however, and that should be enough to support your final point.
    Anglo-American DP, shooting docs and branded content in LA.

tomdowler.com
    longhaulfilms.com
    lettinggoofadele.com
    restartingthemotorcity.com

Freiburg, Germany & Prague, Czech Republic
    Quote Originally Posted by James Darren View Post
    Tilta is one of the worst companies in existence from a moral and ethics standpoint. They have zero regard for copyright or IP infringement.

Also their customer service is beyond terrible. You will get zero after sale customer support from them.

I would strongly advise against buying any of their products....
    Disclaimer: my company is a dealer for Tilta.

I think that it was a horrible decision to copy the MDR.ACI (same problem with the carts).

But Tilta is also a company that created well designed and innovative products (their cages are really good and my clients so far were quite happy with the Nucleus-M and Nucleus Nano). The Gravity G3 was afaik the first standard gimbal to use knurled screws to balance the gimbal which was a huge step forward compared to the Ronin or the Movi.

Also I don't think that you get zero after sale customer support. Yes, I wish that the support was sometimes a little bit faster, but I can tell you as a dealer that there are distributors and manufacturers of well known cine products that are way worse!

Anyway... I think it was good to take a stand against IP infringement, but I think that unfortuantely many customers normally don't really care if a product was copied (there are also US and EU companies that make copies of cine products and no one really seems to mind). Again, I definitivly do not support this behavior.

I hope that Tilta avoids those catastrophic "errors" in the future since they have more than enough ideas for their own products.
    Glaswerk ONE & ONE+ 2x VV anamorphic lenses

www.glaswerk-optics.de

I took a look at the TILTA LCDND mount at NAB. 100% Complete garbage.
    At 0.9ND there was a crazy magenta tint. By 1.2ND the entire image was magenta. lol
    Why they chose to show off a prototype that was so flawed beyond any practical use is beyond me. lol
    I definitely won't be doing business with this company anymore. They have screwed me too many times.
    Anyone who gets in on the pre-order for this is setting them self up for a major disappointment.
    www.DistinctVisuals.com
    Gemini #544
    Raven #1542

2017 Cinematography Reel
    REDucated - 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Cameron McKinlay View Post
    I took a look at the TILTA LCDND mount at NAB. 100% Complete garbage.
    At 0.9ND there was a crazy magenta tint. By 1.2ND the entire image was magenta. lol
    Why they chose to show off a prototype that was so flawed beyond any practical use is beyond me. lol
    I definitely won't be doing business with this company anymore. They have screwed me too many times.
    Anyone who gets in on the pre-order for this is setting them self up for a major disappointment.
    Panavision also showed their LCND prototype with color shift. It's an interesting technology preview, so I don't think their is anything wrong with showcasing those prototypes. What Tilta should have done is pointing out that it will take a while to finish the development of a unit without color shift. Sony etc. are compansating the color shift (Sony FS5) in camera, which is of course impossible since Tilta would need a strong integration with RED.

www.glaswerk-optics.de

Quote Originally Posted by David Kellermann View Post
    Panavision also showed their LCND prototype with color shift. It's an interesting technology preview, so I don't think their is anything wrong with showcasing those prototypes. What Tilta should have done is pointing out that it will take a while to finish the development of a unit without color shift. Sony etc. are compansating the color shift (Sony FS5) in camera, which is of course impossible since Tilta would need a strong integration with RED.
    All electronic ND´s except for some made in a possible future comes with colorshifts. The only way around it to date is to do what sony and red are doing. Basically 1. not have too many stops in there. 2. counter steer the colorshift with color science. So far it´s not really going so well.

To me this Tilta mount was way more interesting if the block of glas was replaceable and the mount sold with a set of ND´s or other filters. But the electronic stuff I would not put much more hope towards then normal spinning pol filters / variable ND´s as simply to this date they are not neutral.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Sony etc. are compansating the color shift (Sony FS5) in camera,
    Is this stated or confirmed by a Sony rep ?
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    All electronic ND´s except for some made in a possible future comes with colorshifts. The only way around it to date is to do what sony and red are doing. Basically 1. not have too many stops in there. 2. counter steer the colorshift with color science. So far it´s not really going so well.

To me this Tilta mount was way more interesting if the block of glas was replaceable and the mount sold with a set of ND´s or other filters. But the electronic stuff I would not put much more hope towards then normal spinning pol filters / variable ND´s as simply to this date they are not neutral.
    I will do this summer tests with a new version of LCDN. Let's see how they improved from 2018. But for now, I agree with Björn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    Is this stated or confirmed by a Sony rep ?
    Not that I'm aware of, but you can take a Sony FS5 apart and test the internal LCND (especially the stronger ND levels have some color shift, so I asume Sony corrects them internally).

www.glaswerk-optics.de

Not that I'm aware of, but you can take a Sony FS5 apart and test the internal LCND (especially the stronger ND levels have some color shift, so I asume Sony corrects them internally).
    It seems logical for ND steps but what is special about this solution is that you can tweak it in finesse and nail exposure to the utmost on fixed iris step and they also have a feature where electronic ND automatically compensates exposure and iris in real time smoothly and it works pretty well, which looks like a very difficult task for real time electronic colour compensation for it to pass flawlessly and unnoticed. I'll see if I can find time to test this solution in more depth. I tested the camera response minus the ND.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol