Thread: Key Mapping won't save on Scarlet-X

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Key Mapping won't save on Scarlet-X 
    I'm trying to create some custom presets that I can switch between quickly with some custom keys on my side handle, for example I want to be able to switch between shooting 48 FPS and 24 fps quickly, without having to change my frame rate, sensor size, shutter speed etc. every time on the touch screen. I've figured out how to do this with custom presets and key mapping, except that the camera won't save my second preset. I was able to map a "Slow Motion 48fps" preset to one of my keys, but every time I try to map a "24 FPS" preset to another key, it will save once, but as soon as I press the 48 fps key, and then try to press the 24 FPS key again, the camera just completely forgets the preset. It goes back to whatever the default function was of that key (like Magnify Toggle or whatever). I've tried updating the firmware, rebooting the camera, mapping the preset to different keys, no matter what I do, I can only get that one 48 FPS preset to save to a key...my second preset will not save. Has anyone else experienced this?

Senior Member Mikael Lubtchansky's Avatar
    What you probably did is include the KEY MAPPING itself into your slow motion preset... so as soon as you apply it it changes FPS etc but also reverts to whatever key mapping preset you had it set to when you created that first preset....

So it resets everything back as if you used a time machine....

You need to recreate that first slow motion preset but only include what is relevant into it or at least not including key map !

HTH
    foolcat : HTML / PDF visual reports for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for OS X
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for iOS
    foolcontrol : RED camera control for Android
    foolcolor.net staying hungry, staying foolish facebook instagram

Quote Originally Posted by David McDonald View Post
    ...I was able to map a "Slow Motion 48fps" preset to one of my keys, but every time I try to map a "24 FPS" preset to another key, it will save once, but as soon as I press the 48 fps key, and then try to press the 24 FPS key again, the camera just completely forgets the preset. It goes back to whatever the default function was of that key (like Magnify Toggle or whatever)...
    It should work if you create and save your "24 FPS" preset. Then when you're in/using the "Slow Motion 48fps" preset, designate a key to activate your "24 FPS" preset. Then save/update the whole "Slow Motion 48fps" preset.

Likewise, you'll need to make sure a key/button to activate your "Slow Motion 48fps" preset is saved within your "24 FPS" preset if you want to switch directly between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikael Lubtchansky View Post
    What you probably did is include the KEY MAPPING itself into your slow motion preset... so as soon as you apply it it changes FPS etc but also reverts to whatever key mapping preset you had it set to when you created that first preset....

So it resets everything back as if you used a time machine....

You need to recreate that first slow motion preset but only include what is relevant into it or at least not including key map !

HTH

This was the problem!

Thank you!