Thread: Ronin S and Red Raven?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Ronin S and Red Raven? 
    Hey guys anyone got it working properly? was thinking with a pancake lens + battery belt clip should be good?
    Red Raven #727
    DP, Director, Producer, Editor.

www.westwoodfilms.ca
    info@westwoodfilms.ca

So far its working, however its super heavy...

https://www.facebook.com/FinalFootag...8262921163084/

No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

thx Kwan thats awesome.
    Red Raven #727

www.westwoodfilms.ca
    info@westwoodfilms.ca

I tried with the small REDVOLT-V and a pancake lens but the center of gravity it's too high. I talked to "Cinemilled" and they said they're working on a Ronin S Custom Counterweight system. In the meantime you can rotate the camera (not ideal) or use a cheeseplate with some counterweights.
    Sciukka - RED Raven #001325

^ hopefully someone comes up with a proper setup i cant wait.
    Red Raven #727

www.westwoodfilms.ca
    info@westwoodfilms.ca

6. #6 Yes it works! 
    Works well on DSMC2 cameras!!!
    I got mine setup on my Gemini. Here's a video I shot with a Zeiss 50mm planar T and tokina 11-16mm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ0H6DmX_-A&t=8s

I've been able to keep my 4.7" touch screen attached to camera... I had it off cam with a long cable, but found that the tension from the cable interfered with the gimbal... I was pleasantly surprised that it performed better keeping my 4.7" screen on top of camera. I've been using the jetpack vmount to power camera, and actually preferred keeping battery on a belt clip as opposed to mounting via additional handle accessories. By keeping the need to mount external accessories a minimum, it allowed me to utilize the benefit of the gimbal in the first place, a one handed easy access gimbal for a heavy cam.

Also got it balanced with a 24mm Canon cine lens. Powerful gimbal.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Rossman View Post
    Works well on DSMC2 cameras!!!
    I got mine setup on my Gemini. Here's a video I shot with a Zeiss 50mm planar T and tokina 11-16mm. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ0H6DmX_-A&t=8s

I've been able to keep my 4.7" touch screen attached to camera... I had it off cam with a long cable, but found that the tension from the cable interfered with the gimbal... I was pleasantly surprised that it performed better keeping my 4.7" screen on top of camera. I've been using the jetpack vmount to power camera, and actually preferred keeping battery on a belt clip as opposed to mounting via additional handle accessories. By keeping the need to mount external accessories a minimum, it allowed me to utilize the benefit of the gimbal in the first place, a one handed easy access gimbal for a heavy cam.

Also got it balanced with a 24mm Canon cine lens. Powerful gimbal.
    Do you have any video of the actual set up?