Thread: Anyone have any experience with Edelkrone sliders?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Anyone have any experience with Edelkrone sliders? 
    Came across the Edelkrone slider, seems like it might be a nice travel slider for a Red set up. Anyone used one? I am looking at the 'X Long' version

https://edelkrone.com/products/sliderplus
    JONATHAN PEARS
    Cinematographer
    www.JonPears.com

I've got one of the earlier ones, it's pretty nice, got some flaws, some play in the pan when it resets and goes in the opposite direction, wish it was quieter, it's def too loud to use close if you need audio. The nice part is it's pretty easy to use, looks like the new one is even easier to use (but I have heard some people griping about the new one too. search youtube.) The extended slide and small size, and easy parallax are nice, you can do tilts and rotations too and follow focus on the new one. There are def other options, rhino, second shooter, dana dolly w/ eMotimo that may be better but also bigger and or more expensive so depends on what you want out of it. It's been pretty good for an entry level/small space work but I'm def thinking about pulling the trigger on the eMotimo for my dana dolly eventually to get quieter and more precise moves that can go longer. Here is a Music Vid i shot with the edelkrone moco (note the tilt was done in post as I was using it with my red and the old version tilt/rotate attachment would only support weight of a dslr not sure the specs of the new one.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iyF...&frags=pl%2Cwn
    Red Raven #001827
    Hydrogen One Houdini #0058
    Canon 5DMKiii
    Canon EOS R
    Rokinon Cine DS Primes
    Digital Sputniks with Pixel Mapping, Hives, Quasars, Litepanels Gemini, Arri 750s
    Dji Ronin, Cloud Mount, Motion Control, Dana Dolly
    https://www.instagram.com/galacticowboy/
    https://www.twitch.tv/galacticowboy

I tried the slider plus once. It was an early version and not really good. To unstable and not very sturdy. But thats a couple yeats ago.
    Now I have the slider one with motion modul which they now sell in an upgraded version as slider one plus.
    Itīs my only motorized slider. Its very small but enough to make decent slides.
    Really like it and carry it to every shoot. Its awesome in the studio for Product shots and also usable and strong enough to get closeup shots.
    The motor is crazy strong and slides the epic-w with handle and i/o expander (battery via d-tap) just great. Donīt want to miss it.
    All we need is magination, a brain, a lens & a minimag

"ERIKA" RED HELIUM DSMC2 #0008325

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

I too had a first run slider plus.
    It worked fine until I started to add more weight.
    Sold it.
    Great for lightweight gear.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

I suppose I pushed it to its limits. I had the SliderPlus Pro XL. It was wonderful with a GH4. Got some great shots with it. Compact and easy to tote around. Smooth every time aside from some wheel cleanup every once in a while. The little plastic wheels pick up dust easily. I was using an Ursa Mini Pro on it before I sold it. Never had any real issues. I think the rig weighed around 10lbs. I think the newer ones are better made. I'd say go for it if you don't have a super heavy rig.
    Cinematographer/Editor/Writer

CinePros | Arterial Pictures
    RED Monstro CF "Baymax+"
    Blackmagic Pocket 4K
    Tokina Vista Primes
    Leica R

My advise:look for sturdy alternatives, when using with Red setup (kessler?) I have the Slider pro plus xl... You will need a decent flat head for mounting the camera (or alternative). The slider has no damping without an extra tool. Have that to... Rubish!!!

Edelkrone gear looks great, and works okay when using dslr-like setups. For red (mine is an Epic dragon)... Don't even try!

I have no issues with my rhino slider with epic w

steve

Hi,

These were designed with SLR's in mind, so you're really pushing the limits with even a stripped down DSMC2 body and still lens. I have a 2nd gen slider plus and it's ok, mostly it's very compact so it goes along when nothing else will. My Kessler gear / dana dolly, micro dolly etc are a much better option in general. So on the slider its ok. Avoid all their motion control stuff though, that stuff absolutely sucks. I had those out on a demo from them and they were loud, imprecise but mostly super light duty. They couldn't even handle a A7r series and a light lens and be stable.
    Uroboros Films Turning Vision Into Reality www.uroborosfilms.com

Red will be too heavy. I had the plus, used with an FS700+Odyssey setup and that was just a bit over the limit. When it's over the limit 2 annoying things happen. The slider bends on both ends. And at the center point there is a click/bump thing I could not figure out how to prevent. I think it's because of the gearing or something that occurs as it crosses over.

If Edlekrone would make a "pro" version out of metal, it would be fantastic.

They have a 'X' version now that take 20 and 25lb capacities depending on length - https://edelkrone.eu/products/sliderplus
    JONATHAN PEARS
    Cinematographer
    www.JonPears.com