Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: epic w pink highlight in footage

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Solving means trying different lenses (some are worse than others, although none are immune) and stopping down. Also, avoiding shooting into light will help a bit too. To fix it, you're looking at grading to key onto the particular shade of purple and knock it back in intensity.

Graeme
    www.red.com - 8k Digital Cinema Camera
    Science enables stories. Stories drive science
    IPP2, Image Processing, Colour Science and Demosaic Algorithms

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Nattress View Post
    Solving means trying different lenses (some are worse than others, although none are immune) and stopping down. Also, avoiding shooting into light will help a bit too. To fix it, you're looking at grading to key onto the particular shade of purple and knock it back in intensity.

Graeme
    Thanks Graeme.
    Iíll just avoid shoot into the light. Also Do you have any lens suggest? Ef pl both fine for me.

Ethan,

Everything Graeme just said. Try out this generic CA removal Lut I just made and see if it helps any. Apply it in a node before the IPP2 Output Transform Lut.

Generic CA removal Lut

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbzd6j9wsb...%203.cube?dl=0

CA Version

None CA Version

CA Version

None CA Version

Last edited by rand thompson; 07-26-2018 at 12:57 PM.

[QUOTE=rand thompson;1816989]Ethan,

Everything Graeme just said. Try out this generic CA removal Lut I just made and see if it helps any. Apply it in a node before the IPP2 Output Transform Lut.

Generic CA removal Lut

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbzd6j9wsbnuldw/generic%20CA%20remover%20for%20Andy%203.cube?dl=0[/[B][I][

Thank you so much Rand. Iíll collect it! Itís really helpful!

You're Welcome Ethan. The Lut may work better for some scenes and not others.

I can't seem to open that dropbox with the R3D in. But i annotated the original image

Graeme if you see this, the light pink tone, i've *never* seen CA like that but i've seen highlight reconstruction in the debayering go this colour (not IPP2 though, i mean in general with various RAW formats). Certainly the rest of the image is chock full of CA which is a very modern lens type thing.

Not wanting to hijack but i just posted a bunch more tests from the HyperPrime APOs here which really, really do a good job mitigating these:

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...=1#post1816918

I have some night stuff to post soon as well

cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ethan Tian View Post
    Hi Guys, I just tested all my Cp2 lenses, seems like its not the CA issue, cuz all the lenses has the same problem on the highlight edge.
    these are the R3D files
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/beijww19q...4ikF5dwza?dl=0
    Hi Ethan,
    All the CP2 Lenses suffer from the CA issues. Shoot the same frame with OTUS lenses or any APO lenses and you will see the difference yourself.
    Please see the SALT VV tests that Phil, Duclos, Evin and Matt had done for the Redusers putting in a lot of effort and work hours.
    Last edited by sreenivasa reddy s; 07-26-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Use this Version CA remover for images with Blues and Skintones in them. This, so far, only negatively affects "light" purple/magenta colored items. So if you use you it, You might want to avoid using it with those items in your image.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ri08gn15xh...tone.cube?dl=0
    Last edited by rand thompson; 07-27-2018 at 11:49 PM.

9.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #29  
    Paul, there are multiple types of CA. When you see purple on one edge and green on the opposite edge, that's radial CA. The one where we typically see a purple halo is axial CA. I think in that problem image we're seeing a mix of both (and in reflection too) which is confusing.

Although axial CA often manifests as purple, if the object is on the other side of the focal plane, it will appear green.

Graeme
    www.red.com - 8k Digital Cinema Camera
    Science enables stories. Stories drive science
    IPP2, Image Processing, Colour Science and Demosaic Algorithms

Quote Originally Posted by sreenivasa reddy s View Post
    Hi Ethan,
    All the CP2 Lenses suffer from the CA issues. Shoot the same frame with OTUS lenses or any APO lenses and you will see the difference yourself.
    Please see the SALT VV tests that Phil, Duclos, Evin and Matt had done for the Redusers putting in a lot of effort and work hours.
    Thanks Sreenivasa
    just watch there test is really helpful