Thread: Looking for an agent

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Looking for an agent 
    Looking for suggestions for agents in NY and LA. Just got done with post on my first tier one feature as a 600 DP and finding it’s almost more difficult to find work than before.. any suggestions would be appreciated!
    -Quinn
    Last edited by Matthew Quinn; 06-16-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

it's very difficult to find ah agent to represent you these days, they are over saturated with clients where 90 percent of them are not working. i have veteran dp's of 20 plus years that work, that cant get an agent. you have to be doing something very significant to get representation. like a current airing tv show or a film that's in the box office. even then it takes some producer recommendations. commercial guys arent getting signed because commercials are at a crawl right now.
    i have many friends working, but doing it without an agent. plus the big misconception is that agents get you work, they dont. they are there to negotiate you rate and terms and keep track of scheduling. the best thing you can do is keep doing films until they are released and be the biggest self promoter you can be! good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jordan levy View Post
    it's very difficult to find ah agent to represent you these days, they are over saturated with clients where 90 percent of them are not working. i have veteran dp's of 20 plus years that work, that cant get an agent. you have to be doing something very significant to get representation. like a current airing tv show or a film that's in the box office. even then it takes some producer recommendations. commercial guys arent getting signed because commercials are at a crawl right now.
    i have many friends working, but doing it without an agent. plus the big misconception is that agents get you work, they dont. they are there to negotiate you rate and terms and keep track of scheduling. the best thing you can do is keep doing films until they are released and be the biggest self promoter you can be! good luck!
    that being said, you never know, two agents i know that sign young guys if they take a liking to you are Partos and APA.

Thx for the advice. Yah this isn’t my first film, just my biggest. And yah not really looking for someone to find my work for me.. but it seems to be another step.. like first step was “are you union?” Now I get do you have representation? It’s a messed up business lol
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com