Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: DSMC2. Unified.

Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 83 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jordan View Post
    I respectfully agree and disagree with you. "Who cares?!" heh. Say that to the guy who spent $80k last month and it's now worth $50k. Or less used.
    That guy had 80k to give for a brain. I guess it can handle it pretty much. Those guys who spent 80k earn a lot so I guess they know that to be in the edge of tech there is a big risk. Think about it, that guy still is a lucky guy. He has an amazing camera, plus is big enough to have spare money to buy a camera of that amount :)

After a few minutes to catch my breath I thought about how things went for me in the past when I had problems regarding anything RED related.
    Whenever I feared I could be left behind or have a disadvantage of any kind in the end I was presented with a solution I could happily live with.

I'm sure this will also be the case this time. Let's just give'em some time, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Yes... of course. If you bought a Monstro VV or Weapon full price... we will take care of you.
    Sounds like good news, I'm waiting
    Stefano Ceccon A.I.C.-IMAGO
    https://www.facebook.com/stefanocecconAIC/
    Stormtrooper Kit

4.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brendan_H_Banks View Post
    One last one for you Brent: I'm super happy with my Epic-W Helium (especially given that I received it at a discount for waiting on a Scarlet-W for a while). If I decided to stay with that body and internals, do you foresee a "left behind" potential when it comes time for DSMC3? I was planning on doing Epic-W and holding until DSMC3. I know you guys are always updating and changing things but I've noticed at least some method to the madness...which is usually not leaving folks behind. Wanting to make sure that this unification is optional within the thinking that I'd be looking to upgrade at body redesign time. Also totally understand if that's not even a thought in your collective brains.
    Man, at this moment in time, you answered yourself in your last sentence, ha.

Really curious as to the future of Scarlet W and Raven. Will this be discontinued once inventory is sold. Will there be a future update to these cameras i.e. Scarlet W with a Gemini Sensor? Will Raven have a refresh as well? Would love to hear some insight from the team as to the future of these cameras.

Jordan

So when will the dual iso 8k sensor be out!?
    Director // Cinematographer
    Scarlet-x > Epic M > Dragon M > Epic W >
    www.Vimeo.com/CJJordan

Quote Originally Posted by Brent@RED View Post
    Man, at this moment in time, you answered yourself in your last sentence, ha.
    I assumed so. No sweat man. Hope you all are able to sign off and grab a stiff drink later on. Appreciate all the responses.
    Brendan H. Banks
    DP
    Epic-W Helium #796

Quote Originally Posted by Filipe Abreu View Post
    Wtf guys, why are you ranting about this prices drops. Your cameras still shoot the same beautifull images. If some of you just dropped every single penny on a camera I am sorry but you are doing it wrong. You know the rules of the game it happens everywhere, technology is a risk because of the fast evolution every one changes phones every year for example. Still this is the same company that let's u upgrade your tools if you want to, even if it is completely outdated like the red one. I have been so freaking happy with my RED. I know it doesnt has the same value today, but who cares? I am not in the business of buying and selling cameras, I sell moving pictures, and they are fucking awesome. So this are my 2 cents. Keep shooting with your cameras and do what u love most. Don't think how much your camera worths. Think how much do you worth!!!

Peace
    I like this dude
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Jordan View Post
    So when will the dual iso 8k sensor be out!?
    Was wondering this myself. Is this a feature that will appear in most cameras moving forward?
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K
    SCARLET-W
    LOCAL 600
    BUFFALO, N.Y
    IMDB

www.coderedpicturecompany.com

Since Helium and Monochrome are now the same price can a W be upgraded to Monochrome instead of H at the 4950 price? Edit. Just realized there is also a sensor swap.
    Last edited by scott devitte; 05-21-2018 at 03:48 PM.