Thread: Avengers Infinity Wars

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Avengers Infinity Wars 
    Amazing... Literally amazing... so many talented people coming together to produce a homogenous work of art like that astounds me.. I'm serious. If any of the members of this board worked on these films, I tip my professional hat towards you're awesomeness... (actually... I tip it to everyone here... I learn something new everytime I log in).

I am so glad we live in todays day and age... and that we've been able to witness comic book heroes of our youth come to life in such an amazing fashion... ANNNNNNDDDDD... on that note... I only have one true gripe with Marvel...

Bruce Banner was a genius. Depending on where you were in the Hulk story line, he was an extremely complex character that utilized deductive reasoning and critical thinking to solve complex problems. He was emotionally reserved, due to childhood trauma which explains his propensity to lose his temper so quickly and go green. In all honesty, his personality mirrored Sherlock Holmes (Benedict Cumberbatch's version) much more than how it's been portrayed in the Avengers movie universe. I feel like somewhere along the way in a meeting somebody jokingly said "Hey... let's make Bruce Banner like Homer Simpson"... and it was taken seriously.

That's my only complaint... I know that different companies own the rights to different Marvel characters so stories had to be changed and such... but.. as a science geek... Banner was one of my childhood heroes. I wish my daughter could grow up with the same Banner I grew up with.
    William Howell
    Senior Creative and Multimedia Producer
    Florida Institute for Human and Machine Cognition
    www.ihmc.us
    https://sports.vice.com/en_uk/articl...ics-walk-again

This was by far the best Marvel movie to date, right beside Winter Soldier, imo. Not sure about giving spoilers away, but there's kind of a big plot hole that I read on imdb, and it made me lol. I'll link it for those that want to see it: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4154756...item=gf3935725

Quote Originally Posted by william howell View Post
    That's my only complaint... I know that different companies own the rights to different Marvel characters so stories had to be changed and such... but.. as a science geek... Banner was one of my childhood heroes. I wish my daughter could grow up with the same Banner I grew up with.
    Agreed, but keep in mind the story of the Infinity War and the comic version isn't same. In the comics, Thanos has an obsessive infatuation with Lady Death (he snapped his fingers and sacrificed half the life in the universe as an offering of love to her)
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

It was shot incredibly well. I loved this movie.
    RED DSMC2 GEMINI #011030

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wahba View Post
    It was shot incredibly well. I loved this movie.
    It helped that the Technicolor colorist team (headed up by Steven J. Scott and Gray Marshall) did such an exceptional job. It's a terrific-looking film from start to finish.
    marc wielage, csi colorist/post consultant daVinci Resolve Certified Trainer

I love this movie!

Quote Originally Posted by Maira Fravel View Post
    I love this movie!
    I for one am starting to feel the "marvel fatigue", but I am very happy this movie did so well for everyone that worked on it.

I think this was the last time I watch a film like this. I know I'm in the minority.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

That I'm not a fan of the last years of superhero-movies would be an understatement.
    I bought Iron Man 1 and the Avengers after all those great reviews and responses, and found both movies to be very very 'meh'. Started watching Guardians of the Galaxy. Couldn't finish more than 20 minutes. I concluded I didn't understand what the fuzz was about.
    I find that as stories, looked on with a critical eye of storytelling criticism, they are really not good. They introduce characters without set-up and that just leave after one scene because 'it can set up a next movie'. Sorry but... WTF?
    I think it's a sad state of affairs, the state of the blockbuster in Hollywood. All comic book adaptations with pale soundtracks and all the same color correction. Movie studios bying other movie studios to become even bigger conglomerates and having even less diversity in blockbuster-land.

I have a lot of friends who go to every new Marvel movie. When I ask them: Did you like it? Was it a good movie? They are always very: "it's okay. It's Marvel."
    You rarely hear LOVE. But they feel like they HAVE to see it because 'oh they set stuff up for the next movie. And they are spectacular.'
    Viewed on their own, people should be way more critical of these movies. Compare that with a Back to the Future...
    But hey. If people go and see them, they will keep making them.

Rants from an 'old' 30 year old? Hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu Ghekiere View Post

Rants from an 'old' 30 year old? Hehe.
    Wait until you get to 50. It gets worse.