Thread: I wish there was a 1:1 Anamorphic recording mode on VV Monstro

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So apparently this is currently already possible thank you Red team for pointing it out to me. I had overlooked it as it is labeled 4K and then you get 1:1 available and this will record 4320x4320 pixels (hence labeled 4K) I had looked for it under 8K as the other off brand aspects can be found there (like 8:9 for 16:9) anamorphic shooting.

Exciting times.

I am wondering why this mode only gets me up to 60 FPS as you are recording only roughly half of 8K

Also I would love to have this available in 3K and 2K (and 2.5 & 3.5 K for that matter) to open up more frame rate options for this shooting mode.

Florian Stadler, D.P., L.A.
    www.florianstadler.com
    www.buntefarben.com

Frame rate has always been limited by the number of vertical lines - so since you are wanting the full height of the sensor, you are restricted to full frame speed.
    IATSE Local 600
    Steadicam Operator
    TreeFarmCinema.com

Leica Summicron-C - Schneider Xenon

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Wullschleger View Post
    Frame rate has always been limited by the number of vertical lines - so since you are wanting the full height of the sensor, you are restricted to full frame speed.
    You mean horizontal lines- that's how the rolling shutter scans which is what limits the FR
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

*Right!

Number of lines from top to bottom that run horizontal**
    IATSE Local 600
    Steadicam Operator
    TreeFarmCinema.com

Leica Summicron-C - Schneider Xenon

To me the logical thing to do would be to have custom framings where the user can plunk in any number for widht and height and name it.

Somting possibly more difficult to create but very usefull would be full frame recording while viewing like 5:6. So we can record full frame ana but just view the center 2.41 bit.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se
    Flame / VFX / Motion capture / Monstro

Quote Originally Posted by Björn Benckert View Post
    To me the logical thing to do would be to have custom framings where the user can plunk in any number for widht and height and name it. (snip)
    I could see full custom framing support in RCX happening, but with other post software vendors, can we really expect them to properly code for it? For some software packages it might be fairly simple, but I suspect that for some programs - NLEs in particular - it might be far more coding expense than can be justified.

Cheers - #19