Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN preorders...

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Happy π day and thanks for the update Jim!!!

Simply by putting your name behind something is reason enough to trust you all the way that this will be (yet again) an exciting and revolutionary product!

The fact that you let us in on the ground floor and we get to peek at the excitement behind launching the H1 is in and of itself an enlightening experience.

Now, knowing that a watched pot never boils, I will sit back and radiate energy like an excited hydrogen atom jumping from n1 to n6 level while waiting for the next bit of information...!
    Ha , ha , ha.. I love that... I'm n6-ing the whole time, awesome to partake in something that will really change the way we do things ... [I think Jim said something very similar Like "This will change the way we do everything". ].

+1 getting in on the ground floor too.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    We are finalizing the carrier rollout plan for the launch of HYDROGEN. At this time we need to take down the preorder option... effective this Friday.

All preorders will ship prior to the carrier launch.

We are still determining the exact launch date. Supply chain and carrier certification (ugh) are still the unknowns. Lots of moving parts on this one.

We have made a lot of significant (and positive) changes to the program in the past two months and are EXTREMELY excited for the launch. For me, it can't come soon enough.

We appreciate all those who have stepped up and believed in HYDROGEN without much info. We'll keep you posted on the details as they unfold.

Jim

Im definitely glad that I ordered two Titanium models! And for those that helped each other convince ourselves to pull the trigger on multiple hydrogens. Any more images of your prototypes Jim?

Thanks for the update and new thread
    Last edited by Christopher bell; 03-14-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian I View Post
    At this stage mate, I suspect you're unlikely to get one. Everyone has wanted to know that since day 1 of the launch announcement and plenty have no doubt been ordered. If you need that info, best to wait for initial reviews and carrier launch details.

Edit: @Wayne.
    You don't think I know that. I just don't want to wait two years to find out (such a long time waiting).
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

Thanks for the new thread Jim.

Much earlier you said something to the effect that we should consider owning more than one. I'm maxed out, but for others here, can you give us (them) a hint toward why or if that is still a good strategy?... or have you made improvements that make .h4v from one unit very good at what it does?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Morellini View Post
    You don't think I know that. I just don't want to wait two years to find out (such a long time waiting).
    I seriously doubt it'll be a 2 year wait. Carrier launch will be this summer by the sound of it. Specs of the initial built in camera will likely be published once the preorder is shipped, I'm sure there are a fair few journos with preorders in (myself among them), who will write about the phone once it's in hand if not.

Modules etc will come after launch but if it takes 2 years to launch the first module that feels like too long and I'd be surprised if we don't start seeing modules before year end.

Junior Member Benjamen_Fletcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post
    All preorders will ship prior to the carrier launch.
    With my assumption about the enormous number of pre-orders, you guys must've been buuuuusy these past couple months to be able to ship all of the Hydrogen pre-orders before launch.

Man, the arrival is so close i can taste it!
    Last edited by Benjamen_Fletcher; 03-14-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Would love to know the Aluminium vs Titanium differences. And if there is a possibility for us who went to Aluminum to be able to upgrade our order before time ends, in a way we don't lose our place in line... Ordered aluminum due to credit card limitations day one. Would upgrade to Titanium if I could keep my place in line!
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

I'm excited and excited for you guys behind the RED curtain. Throughout a lot of the chatter here and abroad, it's important to think about the effort that's gone into creating a new phone-style-device and enter a rather new and insane marketplace. Even to those who scoffed at the price, it was clear to acknowledge premium phones are also floating in this arena around the time of Hydrogen One's announcement, and considering the build quality and feature set it certainly falls in the premium category.

Personally I traditionally buy a new phone every year, so the cash invested on the RH1 is sort of a no brainer and it's certainly extended the life span of my tortured Google Pixel XL, though it's age shows loud and clear now and it's ready to keel over and quit any moment now.

This project has immense potential as a higher end consumer device and is attractive to motion picture professionals who shoot RED of course. Outside of that, it might provide a glimpse of what can be done with display technology coming up. There's a lot of effort in Silicon Valley right now for full holographic display tech to ideally contend with VR/360 and for me H4V provides that nice balance of casual glasses free three dimensional quality while still providing the deliberate composed frame from the storytellers. The modules will also provide something a bit more thorough than we've seen before when thinking about accessories and mobile for sure. Famously it's been said the best camera you have is the one that's with you and with the cinema module you'll have something on hand for those moments that otherwise would be tricky to capture.

I think the face of mobile devices will be changing rapidly in the next 2-3 years as will damn near anything we do in terms of display and computer related tech. It's nice to see something like this sliding in front and doing something different from the rest of the pack.

We've been told a lot of information actually to date with a few big question marks left dangling as we near the finish line. My biggest hopes are 5G support at this point. Beyond that, I can't wait to hear some sound through this little beast again soon.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio Perez View Post
    Would love to know the Aluminium vs Titanium differences. And if there is a possibility for us who went to Aluminum to be able to upgrade our order before time ends, in a way we don't lose our place in line... Ordered aluminum due to credit card limitations day one. Would upgrade to Titanium if I could keep my place in line!
    +1 on the above.

Junior Member Benjamen_Fletcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    AND that has me thinking getting two more Aluminums just for testing purposes (as there my be very slight physical differences).
    Hey Eric, feel free to send an Aluminum my way.. you know... for testing purposes as well