Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: HYDROGEN preorders...

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    If you do pull the trigger on two more, there's bound to be a slight bit of remorse for not having done it before the price changed. I'm just hoping the price of titanium doesn't change before tomorrow morning when I will be pulling the trigger or will have already. If I do.... Can't give in to all the hype. Worse case scenario, you should be pretty safe on resale initially. Someone close to you will want it immediately after seeing it in person.

Please note that I want more for development, not resale.

Happy π day and thanks for the update Jim!!!

Simply by putting your name behind something is reason enough to trust you all the way that this will be (yet again) an exciting and revolutionary product!

The fact that you let us in on the ground floor and we get to peek at the excitement behind launching the H1 is in and of itself an enlightening experience.

Now, knowing that a watched pot never boils, I will sit back and radiate energy like an excited hydrogen atom jumping from n1 to n6 level while waiting for the next bit of information...!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Jannard View Post

All preorders will ship prior to the carrier launch.
    Supply chain and carrier certification (ugh) are still the unknowns.
    Sounds like supply chain is determining pre-orders more than the carriers. I think it is safe to assume that Q1 delivery is not going to happen at all. It would be nice to have a vague idea, so that we don't obsessively check things for the next 3 months, as we did in the past 9....:)

This is it guys! The rapture is coming! Still good with my Titanium!

Jim. I've been waiting for a canera spec sheet before making a decision on pre-ordering (and the multipoint camera module setup's target price). It's only fair.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

At this stage mate, I suspect you're unlikely to get one. Everyone has wanted to know that since day 1 of the launch announcement and plenty have no doubt been ordered. If you need that info, best to wait for initial reviews and carrier launch details.

Edit: @Wayne.

Senior Member Bérenger Brillante's Avatar
    I just wish I preordered two instead of one.
    Bérenger B. Brillante
    --Director Showreel--

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hopper View Post
    If you do pull the trigger on two more, there's bound to be a slight bit of remorse for not having done it before the price changed. I'm just hoping the price of titanium doesn't change before tomorrow morning when I will be pulling the trigger or will have already. If I do.... Can't give in to all the hype. Worse case scenario, you should be pretty safe on resale initially. Someone close to you will want it immediately after seeing it in person.

Please note that I want more for development, not resale.
    Good point Michael !

And good reminder...

I don't have remorse regarding the Aluminum H1 going up a bit, as I now know that Titanium and Aluminum are functionally the same (in terms of electronic capabilities). When I ordered the Titanium I had no idea for a substantial period of time if there was indeed a functional difference or not? So just to be safe I went for the more expensive item as I supposed it might be more functional + I adore anything made out of Titanium :-) + I wanted two matching of whatever, then the Aluminums can match as well.

Supply and demand balancing out relative numbers of Aluminums vs Titanium's ... wouldn't like to speculate.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________

I'm interested in dual H4v for advanced facial / figure capture and other applications just to test... (just to inch towards full 360 quasi dynamic holo capture of subjects with cameras pointing inwards rather than outwards). We have other cameras and gear but It's not apparent how easy it will be to get non-proprietary imagery IN and OUT of HYDROGEN at this point?
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Bérenger Brillante View Post
    I just wish I preordered two instead of one.
    Not too late, the later numbers should ship only a few weeks later than the earliest numbers (I reckon). Not like some of the much longer camera queues of days past.

+ there's financing (I'm not a loan shark lol).

Just a thought.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Really excited, I'm trying to not cancel my order cuz I'm super broke but I'm a believer!
    DIT, Assistant Editor, Phantom Tech, offering workflow services from acquisition to post

Available with or without following gear:

2 Alexa Studios
    2 Gemini packages
    Arri Amira Premium/UHD
    Alexa Mini with raw, 4/3
    Oconnor 2060

A51 with RTX2080, Avid MC8, Premiere, and Resolve in the NYC/CT area.

https://vestadalux.com