Thread: Smallhd 702 Bright calibrating

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prague CZECH REPUBLIC / Hawthorne, CA 90250
    did you guys get some results in calibrating/matching monitors? we have smallhd display probe and were not sucessfull to calibrate it correctly. here is the crazy shift in noncalibrated/calibrated displays. so wondering if manual rgb shifting next to reference monitor is the way, or some resolve process (but we do not have calman hardware)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Martin von Kuttenberg; 05-24-2019 at 05:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Kuttenberg View Post
    did you guys get some results in calibrating/matching monitors? we have smallhd display probe and were not sucessfull to calibrate it correctly. here is the crazy shift in noncalibrated/calibrated displays. so wondering if manual rgb shifting next to reference monitor is the way, or some resolve process (but we do not have calman hardware)
    Hey Martin, you don't need calman, just the probe you have, Resolve, a BMD card (or MiniMonitor) and DisplayCal which is open source.

Follow the link above or search on youtube there are a couple of guides.

It works much better, it just take a bit of time and patience. ;-)
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

huh i dont have any bmd card (is it blackmagic deckling? card) and mini monitor you mean UltraStudio Mini Monitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Martin von Kuttenberg View Post
    huh i dont have any bmd card (is it blackmagic deckling? card) and mini monitor you mean UltraStudio Mini Monitor?
    yes, don't you use Resolve? BMD output cards or TB boxes are a must nowadays imho and relatively cheap...
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

wow, starting to getting into properly calibrated colors and very close to flanders monitor. can somebody with more experiences guys confirm/hint me about this?

1) did you get any experience in pattern test durations between lets say 4min test / 14min test / 60min test in precision of calibration LUT? or do you follow that 50min test is a need as in tutorial above?

2) what can cause the issue that processing verification readout only (as reference information) on calibrated flanders FSI monitor (1week old with report) show red values that its "not ok"? even the whitepoint shows in the begining out of middle? what can we do wrong? profile is set on monitor to rec 709.

As someone who has never done this, can someone post a tutorial of all the things I’d need to calibrate my 702 and 2403?

Hey guys,

I'm gonna buy very soon the new 702 touch (with DCI-P3)...

Any luck to calibrate perfectly all SmallHD monitors with OS3 auto-calibration feature and an X-RITE i1 Display Pro ?

Thanks