Thread: must send Epic-M to Red for OLPF presets?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 must send Epic-M to Red for OLPF presets? 
    I just discovered this after realizing my new-to-me Epic-M only lists the Skin Tone OLPF in the camera menu. I assumed it was some sort of user process to add the missing presets, but I'm now being instructed to ship the camera in to Red for installation. Anyone else been through this process? Has it always been this way regarding DSMC 1 OLPF's? What a pain!

Cheers
    cinematographer/filmmaker
    nickjunkersfeld.com

Epic-M CF #00288

Nick,
    Is there red tamper-proof tape over the top or bottom edge of the OLPF? If so, that brain was never "upgraded" to work with the swappable OLPF system. When I got my Scarlet-D, it was before the system was released and sending it in was the only way to gain access to the swappable OLPFs. I recall it was a no-charge upgrade.

I'm not positive about the M, but I pulled my own dragon olpf back in the day as that was an option. They sent me a kit. It wasn't that hard to do but took a little courage. Not sure if that is still an option but you could ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stengel View Post
    Nick,
    Is there red tamper-proof tape over the top or bottom edge of the OLPF? If so, that brain was never "upgraded" to work with the swappable OLPF system. When I got my Scarlet-D, it was before the system was released and sending it in was the only way to gain access to the swappable OLPFs. I recall it was a no-charge upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Purcell View Post
    I'm not positive about the M, but I pulled my own dragon olpf back in the day as that was an option. They sent me a kit. It wasn't that hard to do but took a little courage. Not sure if that is still an option but you could ask.
    Thank you both for the replies. Bill, yes I pulled the lens mount and there is indeed factory-applied tape in place. Ryan, I'm guessing the user-install kit is no longer since my Red rep made no mention of it. I'll ship them the camera when a window of opportunity presents itself.

Cheers
    cinematographer/filmmaker
    nickjunkersfeld.com

Epic-M CF #00288