Thread: film for mentally ill patients

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Maira. I probably went to far, considering the types of main patients you mentioned. The variance between those types maybe less (consult health professionals). So a vibey comedic delivery might be like this, a bit of jazzy vibe (not the music) interspaces with comedic dead pan emotionally monotone delivery. Think of it a bit like that Robin Williams film, but less loud and flashy, but interspaced when you come to the people that don't like that stuff. So, you portray the hyper people's symptoms a bit funny and jazzy and switch to the other type, 'but for X type of patients it is XYZ' dead pan. So, you contrast what each type is like against one another, back and forwards, making each humourous to the other group, and to the group talked about. That gives the low energy people a brake and a chuckle and the high energy people a laugh at the dead pan low energy break. However, you would need to test shoot different styles to see what goes. This is a very difficult, skilled and nuanced thing to achieve. With professionals who are not manically going to run over everything and wreck delivery of it.

However, really depressed people who are sorrowful might find humorous hurtful.

Plan with professionals in what to do and how to do it. You don't want to incite people to mania from too much vibe, or other. So they might tell you to keep vibe low. But don't be afraid to present some samples of whatever, to see what they think.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.
    -Normalcy involves what is realistically possible, not just what you say.

I'm very much for cognitive behavioral therapy, so a series on correct action (cultural, social, emotional) might be good for future projects and funding, if you make good with this one. It is not only what people think in cognitive behaviour, but in what they see and hear, monkey see monkey do. I wonder if it will help more serious patients, reflect on how they learned to act before the disease. I wanted to do such for immigrants myself years ago.

smiling and laughing can be extremely therapeutic and it can be a way in to difficult topics so long as it is properly approached, with great care especially in this case considering the caveats. i'm sure some of us would be willing to review what you're working with professionally. probably by the time this goes out i will hopefully have some new credentials and definitely more knowledge and insight, but i have been studying comedic stories and storytelling with a special focus on tragic comedy, dark humor, and how this relates to the way we understand and deal with the realities of pain, suffering, and trauma related to the failings of others and/or ourselves and including twists of fate and fortunes that can lead to cascading lapses in well-being for us and those we love who may or may not be capable of caring for us in the way we want or need at all times... timing (and relevancy) is really crucial for comedy (and any kind of relationship).

and i would get real familiar with what's going on in regards to these topics...

Oath of Maimonides

"The eternal providence has appointed me to watch over the life and health of Thy creatures. May the love for my art actuate me at all times; may neither avarice nor miserliness, nor thirst for glory or for a great reputation engage my mind; for the enemies of truth and philanthropy could easily deceive me and make me forgetful of my lofty aim of doing good to Thy children.

May I never see in the patient anything but a fellow creature in pain.

Grant me the strength, time and opportunity always to correct what I have acquired, always to extend its domain; for knowledge is immense and the spirit of man can extend indefinitely to enrich itself daily with new requirements. Today he can discover his errors of yesterday and tomorrow he can obtain a new light on what he thinks himself sure of today.

Oh, God, Thou has appointed me to watch over the life and death of Thy creatures; here am I ready for my vocation and now I turn unto my calling."
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sefer_Refuot

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1121898/
    https://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/greek/greek_oath.html
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_Geneva
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

here is an example...
    note the subtle hints and overt use of comic relief as a balancing strategy considering the seriousness of the overall situation.

https://vimeo.com/114117072

-----------

can you tell why the main characters are nervous, guarded, or tactful?

is it not understandable that the other dwarves are mostly unawares and provided with a generally healthy variety of leisurely enjoyments, especially considering the importance of what they have been asked to accomplish and yet to attain? what else could they be up to?

what about the awkward situation that the hobbit finds himself in, beginning to accidentally understand how much more is happening than he realized or was 'supposed' to know?

what can we infer about the difference between the king of durin's folk and the king under the mountain?

------------

inherent to reading is empathy.

of course, the way you consciously understand what is happening will be informed by many things but in different ways if you have, say, studied the books or seen different versions of this film up to this point in the story. but whether you deliberately think about these things and questions or not, if you are able to become aware of your thoughts they can be revealing. in the process of discussion and inquiry, we are able to gain keen insight into where everyone is at. if someone is having problems paying attention, following along, recounting events or language, having appropriate or inappropriate emotional reactions, these subtle cues can lead to understand how one is to treat another, even if they don't 'say' anything or potentially 'plead the fifth' so to 'speak'.

-------------

inherent to this all, then, is great danger and great power for good or ill, and that is why the ethics and the standards that we abide by and are accountable to one another for are so important to understand and appreciate and advance.

as a great philosopher once 'said' in many ways, "dark times lie ahead of us and there will be a time when we must choose between what is easy and what is right."
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

True. When sick or mentally ill, things get so hard, and fuzy, people choose the easy path instead of the right one. As somebody on the autism spectrum disorder, which includes a lot of loyality and royalty loyality, this drives me nuts. I'm not one of them that has been bent out of shape by mistreatment who sees things as a game to be gamed. On the other end of the scale, there are people interested in their own ego and buzz, who incidentally are of value to society because it serves their own gain to be so.

I'm sorry I wasn't well enough to read your last few posts before, and sort of dropped outhalf way through this time from drinking cola. But good thoughts Paul.
    An explorer explores new ideas and things, but somebody stuck in mud, complains.
    - But the explorer complains about how much better the territory he has discovered is instead.

-Since when has denying that the possible is possible been reason? Such is the life of some skepticism.

not sure i'm totally able to understand what you mean, but i can say i think i like the 'royalty loyalty' line... i'd say there's certainly game afoot, but i feel confident we are close to some breakthroughs. not a big fan of freudianism here, but in that conceptualization it's just important that the id and superego are working together to keep your life in check. it seems clear to me that there is an adaptational advantage to both being of value to the community and also to being able to support oneself. i don't think it's a bad time when those things overlap and we are able to focus our energies on helpful things. i guess you could argue that only either one of those two might be necessary to basic survival. it is a difficult topic when you start trying to apply anything beyond yourself, but for me it's just important for us to consider what our contribution is definitely not degrading our own or others ability to grow, thrive, and continue contributing. that being said, it could be argued that there is value in at least the perspective of those who 'retire' from the world and live alone or in an isolated community. i think it's safe to say most people are doing the best they can as they feel 'called' to live their lives, but i think that our collective sense of values, ethics, and morals are really important and on an individual level important that we are able to keep ourselves in check if we start to slip, which is where others can help us by way of encouragements, accountabilities, and challenges. it happens all the time and when i feel out of line i begin a serious process to turn it around.
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

I've been mindful this is Maira's thread, and she might like some more opinion. So, let's wrap up Paul

I'll explain what I meant. Sure ASD people maybe likely loyalist, royalist, but if they get so bent out of shape they become cynical and see it as a game, you got trouble. This includes men too. If they see things as an unfair game and start to play the game to win, or mess up, or unseriously, agressively even, that is trouble. The shape of things to them is the shape of it in their heads.

On the other hand, is selfish people, full of themselves and feeling good, and wanting to be fuller. Like a psychopath, they maybe concerned about themselves, and serve beneficial functions in society, but only because it benefits them. So, yes I see this easy way out in people.

If you want Paul, you are welcome to message me about it.

unfortunately, there are some nasty people and abusers out there and it needs to stop. i think this is largely a women's issue and we need to listen to them, but everyone is impacted when our society fails and i hope it really continues to help that they've spoken out so strongly. good guys will do everything they can to defend and support women's health, and in no way whatsoever should anyone be degrading it. please help in this effort.

http://time.com/time-person-of-the-y...ence-breakers/
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"