Thread: Lenses and Monstro

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Lenses and Monstro 
    Can someone confirm whether Sigma Cine Lenses cover Monstro at 8K? any vignetting?

Can we make this a thread where we start a list of lenses which offers coverage for Monstro. I'm trying to dig out this info from various Monstro threads, it's buried, and I can't find very specific analysis of various lenses? Or am I missing something? would like to be directed to the info, if so...

it looks as if the Sigma FF Cine Primes and this Sigma zoom does, since their image circles are greater than 40mm....others?

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/cine...ducts/ff-zoom/

Quote Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
    Can someone confirm whether Sigma Cine Lenses cover Monstro at 8K? any vignetting?

Can we make this a thread where we start a list of lenses which offers coverage for Monstro. I'm trying to dig out this info from various Monstro threads, it's buried, and I can't find very specific analysis of various lenses? Or am I missing something? would like to be directed to the info, if so...

it looks as if this Sigma zoom does, since its image circle is greater than 40mm....others?

https://www.sigma-global.com/en/cine...ducts/ff-zoom/
    Please check the SALT V tests. Fantastic tests with the 8K VV Dragon by Duclos, Phil, Evin and Matt Hayslett.

Phil has worked tirelessly to help put this information out there. Search Phil's posts. It is getting more complete all the time. Obviously new glass and conversions are being created literally every month but the word is getting out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    Phil has worked tirelessly to help put this information out there. Search Phil's posts. It is getting more complete all the time. Obviously new glass and conversions are being created literally every month but the word is getting out there.
    Thank you Peter :) I got to cut my teeth early on VV as a format, hopefully that info is useful. I still don't know where I had the time to make all that. That timeframe is just all black void :)
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

RED Weapon 8K VV Dragon "Orochi"
    RED Weapon 8K VV Monstro "Skully"

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by sreenivasa reddy s View Post
    Please check the SALT V tests. Fantastic tests with the 8K VV Dragon by Duclos, Phil, Evin and Matt Hayslett.
    Where might I find results from the SALT V tests. Searching did not recover a link. This is why I started this thread, out of frustration for how much these things are buried and inaccessible....

I'm sure this info exists, but it's all over the place. I don't have a lot of time for truffle hunting lately....

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    thanks for the link, rand - super helpful.

Phil, this is a great resource....thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post
    Where might I find results from the SALT V tests. Searching did not recover a link. This is why I started this thread, out of frustration for how much these things are buried and inaccessible....

I'm sure this info exists, but it's all over the place. I don't have a lot of time for truffle hunting lately....
    Here Meryem :

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...-Lens-Shootout

Cheers,

Kristin

You're welcome Meryem!

ah, thanks for the SALT VV link - also helpful

here's something I ran across in my searches that no one has mentioned.

https://cinemaglass.com/product/gl-o...-vista-vision/

that's why I thought it would be helpful to build a consolidated lens thread for VV lens information, because lens information is scattered all over the place. there's no single resource, but it's kind of a pain to be told go search through peoples' posts, especially if these folks are prolific posters... - maybe one of our mods could make a lens sticky, I think it would be a help. this thread's already gotten cluttered, so oh well.