Thread: What is happening? Helium Shuts down

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Germany, Duesseldorf
    Hey Alex, did you get that "audio buffer overflow" message before the camera shuts down?
    Every now and then I use pre record I get a similar behaviour of the camera ( I run Epic dragon)
    I could reduce it buy secure formatting the media and keep the temperature on my dragon low, maybe this helps a little
    Freelance Cinematographer & Editor

/ Germany
    Showreel 2016

Website: Severin Strauss | Modest Department | Peoplegrapher

I'd send a log file to RED. I had a similar error code with random shutdowns last year on my Scarlet-W. Turned out to be an issue with one of the boards inside. If it seems like a power issue it could be worth trying to replicate the issue with another I/O expander module if you have one handy.
    Jordan Beard
    Weekend Studio

Cardiff By The Sea, CA
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexJones View Post
    Hey so does this apply every time you format the card? I noticed it doesn’t happen when I secure format it but I never had to secure format with the epic MX unless I had issues. Mini mags are new to me. So I need to zero it out each time now?
    I'm going to sound like an idiot because I don't know what's happening internally in the SSD when you format vs secure format so I can't speak to the technical side of it but
    my rep said he's actually asked the engineers for a feature request that has some sort of notification that pops up on the camera that tells users to secure-format their card when pre-record is enabled. He just said it puts a lot of stress on the media because it's constantly recording and deleting. Could be magnified on the Helium because it's that much more info than the MX?.. I will periodically secure-format my mini mags when shooting normally but not even close to every time. Like maybe every tenth time. Only time I've run into an issue has been with pre-record.
    CF Weapon Helium #1846
    Raven #430