Thread: Transcriptive / transcription service

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Transcriptive / transcription service 
    I'm at the front end of a large corporate project that will require lots of transcription and I'm researching options. Does anyone use the Transcriptive plugin for Premiere?
    Thanks!

https://digitalanarchy.com/transcrib...scriptive.html

and

http://speedscriber.com

keep in mind you will have to quality check the transcriptions. These types of tools still have some trouble with punctuation, certain accents/dialects, etc. Also, words like too and two can sometimes get confused although much better recently.
    Steve Sherrick

We use Tscripts a lot:

tscripts.com

There are super fast, super reliable, and have a great reputation.

Awesome workflow too.
    Last edited by Nick Morrison; 11-27-2017 at 12:22 AM.
    Nick Morrison
    Founder, Director & Lead Creative
    // SMALL GIANT //
    smallgiant.tv

Hi Bill,

Feel free to reach out to sales@digitalanarchy.com if you want to test it without the normal trial limitations. We give you the option of using different speech services, but Speechmatics is by far the more accurate one, so we recommend using that which is $0.07/min. As Steve points out, some cleanup is necessary but if the talent is mic'd and there's not a crazy amount of background noise, the cleanup is usually pretty minimal. Mostly punctuation, proper names and the like. But try the demo and let us know if you want an extended trial license or have questions. https://digitalanarchy.com/transcrib...ive-trial.html

cheers,
    Jim Tierney
    Digital Anarchy

...or upload it to Youtube, let them do the work, and download the text for free.
    Frank Glencairn
    DOP - Director - Colorist

http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Yeah, that too. YouTube is actually the most accurate speech-to-text service out there right now. But it doesn't add punctuation so you just get huge block o' text. You can export that out of YouTube as a VTT file and import it into Transcriptive and every word will have timecode attached to it. So you can clean it up in the Transcriptive text editor and be able to search it within the Premiere project. The only other downside to YouTube is that it's the slowest option. It'll take an hour+ to get the text back for a 60 minute clip. Speechmatics will return it in about 10-15 minutes with decent punctuation. The trick with YT, if you _just_ want the caption file, is to save the video file as the smallest resolution they'll accept (640x360, I think) and compress the hell out of the video. The audio should be uncompressed. That way YT uploads and processes the video as quickly as possible.

Check out Rev.com. I use their transcription service all the time. Good, fast AND cheap.
    Ed Riew
    Director/EP
    Urban Sled LLC
    www.urbansled.com

I second Rev.com

It's hard to believe how fast and cheap AND good they are.
    Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing.
    - Theodore Roosevelt

Justin McAleece
    Sigma Pro Primes and Video Production
    Justin at BLAREMedia dot net

Thanks, Jim.
    I went ahead and grabbed a license to Transcriptive today. Seems great so far.

Thanks everyone. I wound up going with Transcriptive and my transcription anxiety has almost completely gone away. I think I'm officially finished manually transcribing. It's been too long!