Thread: low-budget lighting

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    okay, so now i am looking for some lighting stands and ways to rig a simple fixture to it. 9-15ft is the height range i'd be okay with and it probably needs to hold 5-15lbs. lightweight is a bonus but i'm more concerned with durability and price.

and the real question is, how do i mount to my stand? i'd rather not gaff tape it together...
    i would be okay building something custom and might be combining multiple bulbs/fixtures for a punchier 'single source' when diffused, so i might just need some kind of mounting bracket connected to whatever i use to connect all the sockets together.

but is there anything that clamps tightly around these and fits on a standard light stand?
    work light clamps suck but something like that basically that allows better positioning.
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

Why don´t you just use a threaded tube and a gobo head?

im not sure that mine actually has that thread on the bottom, mine are prewired with a normal plug. i could probably get these and wire them the way i want, but for now i'm wondering if there is some kind of secure clamp for the cylinder that includes or could be connected to something for tilting it around while secured to the stand. otherwise i will rig something with worklight clamp pieces...
    Scarlet-X #970 "Silver"

Have you considered a DIY fluorescent approach? I received a batch of Philips Graphica tubes this morning and have found the color rendering to be rather incredible; noticeably better than that of my Kino Flo tubes. I'll definitely be using them for future shoots.

They have an R1-15(a) rating of 98 and an R9 of 95. At EUR 10-15 per tube, these are rather excellent value for money.
    Last edited by Troy Dunn-Higgins; 12-05-2017 at 06:00 PM.