Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: SLR Magic APO HyperPrime mini review

Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15556162636465
    Quote Originally Posted by Jan Schuster View Post
    Had there been any update on an 18 or 135ish?
    18mm & 135mm delayed by Coronavirus according to Andrew Chan:
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jim View Post
    18mm & 135mm delayed by Coronavirus according to Andrew Chan:
    Thanks for the update. Good to hear they’re still in the works, they being APO Hyperprimes?

Hoping they both still have the 2.1 aperture and 44mm image circle.

Some Images from a recent shoot. Shot on my Ursa mini Pro G2 with hollywood blackmagic 1/4 diffusion

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1yPVT5UagthM7aRT7

(click to enlarge)
    Last edited by darren scott; 06-02-2020 at 07:49 PM.

More from the SLR magic APO's. This time on my Pocket 4k

https://photos.app.goo.gl/h2NBbUvDMT19rVuc6

(click on pic to enlarge)

bokeh is nice and the lack of CAs can be useful, especially in product shots, but flares seems too modern, too saturated and not very nice at all...no???
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Any consensus on if the Hyperprime APO and Microprime EF APO are an exact or near exact match image wise -- obviously the mechanics are different, but in terms of a look I was wondering if the community has come to a consensus. When the Microprime's first came out it was thought or said to be an exact match in terms of image, but then a few members disputed that based on what they had seen, that conversation seemed to have died down. Was wondering if they was now a popular perspective on this now that then lenses have been out in the wild for some time.

Thanks.

Some more frames from a commercial I shot this week on my pocket 4k. 1/4 hollywood blackmagic

These stills I was just grading for myself...not the final look for the commercial.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q..._iDs9mcFhdqIA3

Quote Originally Posted by Elishua Howard View Post
    Any consensus on if the Hyperprime APO and Microprime EF APO are an exact or near exact match image wise -- obviously the mechanics are different, but in terms of a look I was wondering if the community has come to a consensus. When the Microprime's first came out it was thought or said to be an exact match in terms of image, but then a few members disputed that based on what they had seen, that conversation seemed to have died down. Was wondering if they was now a popular perspective on this now that then lenses have been out in the wild for some time.

Thanks.
    The owner says its the same glass so hard to argue with that. However It looks a bit different to me. But I dont have the micro line to personally test.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    bokeh is nice and the lack of CAs can be useful, especially in product shots, but flares seems too modern, too saturated and not very nice at all...no???
    I dont have any issue with the flares...but thats all a matter of opinion. When they are wide open they have a more vintage veiling flare. Stopped down a bit and it gets more modern.

10. #650 32mm APO vignetting with XL Speedbooster on BMPCC4k 
    Hey there, I just received the 32mm SLR magic APO. I absolutely love it, the images this lens produces are beautiful! I’m using it with a metabones xl (.64) speedbooster on the BMPCC4K. I am noticing a good amount of vignetting. Is this normal? I reached out to Andrew at SLR Magic and he responded:

“Could you also ask Metabones what image circle size their Speedbooster was designed to shrink? The APO lenses cover up to 46mm image circle and typical 35mm film format covers 43.3mm only. To vignette, that adapter must be capturing more than 46mm.“

Metabones has yet to respond, but I was under the impression that the XL could handle full frame lenses without vignetting. I know that it has problems with the sigma 18-35, but that's due to it being an aps-c lens.

Any insight into this is greatly appreciated. I can deal with the vignetting, but I just want to make sure there is not a problem with the lens itself. Another interesting part of the vignette is that it seems to be more prominent on the left side compared to the right (see image).

Thank you!!
    Attached Images