Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: SLR Magic APO HyperPrime mini review

Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 59 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 589
  1. #221  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    "Great pains" is my beef. I thought you knew better John ;-(
    You are not doing them any favors. If it takes "great pains" for them to make simple adapter correctly what about the lenses?
    Maybe you missed the post where I posted my tests where I blind compared them to Primos and CPs ? And made the files available to download ?

    I like them a lot. I own CPs and think the APOs are much nicer. So do a lot of people that looked at those tests.

    What don’t you just say what you mean instead of making vague snide comments ?

    JB
    John Brawley
    Cinematographer
    London UK
    www.johnbrawley.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #222  
    Senior Member Jacek Zakowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,271
    Here is what I mean :
    Dwelling on how hard it is to make a simple mount adapter , by a lens manufacturer can mean two things :
    1. They are drama queens.
    2. They are incompetent.
    I hope it's clear now
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #223  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Here is what I mean :
    Dwelling on how hard it is to make a simple mount adapter , by a lens manufacturer can mean two things :
    1. They are drama queens.
    2. They are incompetent.
    I hope it's clear now
    Let me guess.

    1. You make adaptors.
    2. You make adaptors for this lens that are just as good or actually are better ?
    3. You make a competing lens product ?
    4. You enjoy grandstanding ?
    5. You're just professionally rude ?

    I said they worked hard to make it so the lens was compatibile with THEIR OWN lenses. Unlike other adaptors which are not. What the hell is wrong with saying that ?

    You've challenged me a few times (and been wrong) are you looking to pick fights ?

    JB
    John Brawley
    Cinematographer
    London UK
    www.johnbrawley.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #224  
    Fire Chief Jarred Land's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    10,084
    play nice kids....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #225  
    Senior Member Jacek Zakowicz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    3,271
    Sorry Jarred,
    John I don't know how you figure I was wrong saying that the BMPCC 4K is missing essential features for Vloggers that is per Grant an important market for that camera? Isn't it missing AF, IBIS, and articulate screen?
    I don't make or plan to make any competing products- they are made cheaper elsewhere and have been for a few years.
    And no I don't like hype for hype sake.
    I don't know why you take it so personally- you don't work for any of these companies...- after all - these are just products and specs not your life on the line- relax. As for the character ASSASINATION ATTEMPT- you've got to do better than that with better reasons..
    I'm done here, go on with the daisies and unicorns, while bashing the competition lenses.
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #226  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    571
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #227  
    Before my big tall friend Jarred piped in I was about to weigh in and say that I feel that the discussion was devolving. I want to thank John for taking time from "actually" Dping a show to shoot tests. I am "between" jobs and trying to find time to shoot both my own tests with Monstro and tests for RED.

    Everyone needs to remember to only write something in a forum that you would be happy saying face to face to another person.I spent over an hour this morning reading ALL the posts in this thread because I am very intrigued by what Andrew has come up with. SO I thank everyone for their contributions... Now I really want someone to tell Ansdre I need a 135mm more than an 18mm since I only shoot Monstro now
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #228  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    154
    Yeah seems pretty obvious Jacek has an attitude problem. Maybe you shouldn’t talk like a jerk and people will be more inclined to listen to what you have to say.

    Thanks John for taking the time to write up the mini review and answer bunch of questions for people are interested in these lenses as well as real world application examples.
    ---------
    EPIC-W
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #229  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacek Zakowicz View Post
    Sorry Jarred,
    John I don't know how you figure I was wrong saying that the BMPCC 4K is missing essential features for Vloggers that is per Grant an important market for that camera? Isn't it missing AF, IBIS, and articulate screen?.
    Grant himself (and I'm paraphrasing from the launch) said something like "you have cameras you shoot with others (meaning the Ursa Mini's) and this is a camera you use to shoot with yourself."

    I don't think he really meant literally filming yourself, because you clearly can't do that if the screen isn't facing you.

    Of course the vlogger market would be some that are interested, but I don't think they aimed this cameras at the vlogger market per se. I think this is aimed at the same users that bought the original pocket hand over fist.

    It's just that it now does 4K.

    JB
    John Brawley
    Cinematographer
    London UK
    www.johnbrawley.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #230  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    467
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Lyons Collister, ASC View Post
    Before my big tall friend Jarred piped in I was about to weigh in and say that I feel that the discussion was devolving. I want to thank John for taking time from "actually" Dping a show to shoot tests. I am "between" jobs and trying to find time to shoot both my own tests with Monstro and tests for RED.

    Everyone needs to remember to only write something in a forum that you would be happy saying face to face to another person.I spent over an hour this morning reading ALL the posts in this thread because I am very intrigued by what Andrew has come up with. SO I thank everyone for their contributions... Now I really want someone to tell Ansdre I need a 135mm more than an 18mm since I only shoot Monstro now
    Hi Peter, thank you for the support.

    I have to find some time now to re-do the tests and include the 32mm !

    Andrew told me he upgraded their facilities and was hoping to work on the 18 and 135 at the same time. Let's hope !

    JB
    John Brawley
    Cinematographer
    London UK
    www.johnbrawley.com
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts