Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: SLR Magic APO HyperPrime mini review

Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast
    Any one know of a decent review on the APO Microprimes? All I can find is just some samples shots. Or any where to rent them in Los Angles or online to test them?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sutton-Hough View Post
    Any one know of a decent review on the APO Microprimes? All I can find is just some samples shots. Or any where to rent them in Los Angles or online to test them?
    Try Bryan. I know him personally.

https://www.sharegrid.com/p/vicharris?type=rent

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sutton-Hough View Post
    I am also very curious to see a review from someone who has experience using the APO hyperprimes to compare with the APO microprimes. Primarily on the image quality. The weight reduction and price difference to me is very attractive. The 300 degree focus rotation is not really a big factor for me when using an electronic follow focus.

I noticed some people on this thread have mentioned, based on the footage found online, that it seems like the micropimes image may be slightly different (flares, bokeh) but a lot of this was feeling and not proven in any scientific way. It would really require someone to test them side by side. I love my 32mm hyperprime but i'd be willing to let it go for the microprimes if they can deliver.

Some frames from a short film I shot over the weekend. All 4 lenses are represented here.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/PUWgojxcKjNYqjoL6

They now seem discontinued on B&H website. Looks like we'll never see the 20mm and 135mm... :(
    Arnaud Dumas - Montréal, QC
    Director of photography

Koma Films inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud Dumas View Post
    They now seem discontinued on B&H website. Looks like we'll never see the 20mm and 135mm... :(
    Discontinued on BH hardly means its not in production. Bh discontinues things all the time that are still in production. The slr magic page on Facebook is very active and Andrew chimes in sometimes. I cant tell u about the other lenses but i know covid has slowed down everything for them.

Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    Discontinued on BH hardly means its not in production. Bh discontinues things all the time that are still in production. The slr magic page on Facebook is very active and Andrew chimes in sometimes. I cant tell u about the other lenses but i know covid has slowed down everything for them.
    It seems that the 25mm hyperprime may no longer be in production. It's not even on their official website anymore.

I’m thinking about possibly selling my PL APO Hyperprimes to free up some money for other things. I really love them though, so I won’t take any lowball offers. PM me if interested, I have the full set, 25, 32, 50, 85
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

Some more images from my Ursa mini g2 and SLR magic APO

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...Uh9Ckgl2cXMsAe

Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    Some more images from my Ursa mini g2 and SLR magic APO

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...Uh9Ckgl2cXMsAe
    Link doesn't work