Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: SLR Magic APO HyperPrime mini review

Reply to Thread
Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1656626364656667 LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 670
  1. #651  
    Any one know of a decent review on the APO Microprimes? All I can find is just some samples shots. Or any where to rent them in Los Angles or online to test them?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #652  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sutton-Hough View Post
    Any one know of a decent review on the APO Microprimes? All I can find is just some samples shots. Or any where to rent them in Los Angles or online to test them?
    Try Bryan. I know him personally.

    https://www.sharegrid.com/p/vicharris?type=rent
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #653  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Sutton-Hough View Post
    Any one know of a decent review on the APO Microprimes? All I can find is just some samples shots. Or any where to rent them in Los Angles or online to test them?
    I am also very curious to see a review from someone who has experience using the APO hyperprimes to compare with the APO microprimes. Primarily on the image quality. The weight reduction and price difference to me is very attractive. The 300 degree focus rotation is not really a big factor for me when using an electronic follow focus.

    I noticed some people on this thread have mentioned, based on the footage found online, that it seems like the micropimes image may be slightly different (flares, bokeh) but a lot of this was feeling and not proven in any scientific way. It would really require someone to test them side by side. I love my 32mm hyperprime but i'd be willing to let it go for the microprimes if they can deliver.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #654  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    394
    Some frames from a short film I shot over the weekend. All 4 lenses are represented here.


    https://photos.app.goo.gl/PUWgojxcKjNYqjoL6
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #655  
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Montreal, QC, Canada
    Posts
    48
    They now seem discontinued on B&H website. Looks like we'll never see the 20mm and 135mm... :(
    Arnaud Dumas - Montréal, QC
    Director of photography

    Koma Films inc.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #656  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    394
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnaud Dumas View Post
    They now seem discontinued on B&H website. Looks like we'll never see the 20mm and 135mm... :(
    Discontinued on BH hardly means its not in production. Bh discontinues things all the time that are still in production. The slr magic page on Facebook is very active and Andrew chimes in sometimes. I cant tell u about the other lenses but i know covid has slowed down everything for them.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #657  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    Discontinued on BH hardly means its not in production. Bh discontinues things all the time that are still in production. The slr magic page on Facebook is very active and Andrew chimes in sometimes. I cant tell u about the other lenses but i know covid has slowed down everything for them.
    It seems that the 25mm hyperprime may no longer be in production. It's not even on their official website anymore.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #658  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,864
    I’m thinking about possibly selling my PL APO Hyperprimes to free up some money for other things. I really love them though, so I won’t take any lowball offers. PM me if interested, I have the full set, 25, 32, 50, 85
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #659  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    394
    Some more images from my Ursa mini g2 and SLR magic APO

    https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...Uh9Ckgl2cXMsAe
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #660  
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by darren scott View Post
    Some more images from my Ursa mini g2 and SLR magic APO

    https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...Uh9Ckgl2cXMsAe
    Link doesn't work
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts