Thread: RAVEN AUTOFOCUS

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 RAVEN AUTOFOCUS 
    Hey guys,

Just some advice please, Im trying to figure out the autofocus on the Raven but cannot for the life of me get it to even acknowledge the EF L series glass. Its one of the only benefits of using EF glass and on a gimbal its worth a try without the help of a focus puller & endless budget for Paralinx etc.

Iv gone into the menus countless times and it just cannot seem to work, as soon as I move the toggle over to AUTO from M , it has a slight freak out and lands below 0.28 ( 17-40mm ) any tricks or menu settings ( or even youtube tutorials ) would be amazing !!!

Thanks

Steven

Hate to have to be the guy but the auto-focus isn't at all useable.
    Origin Design + Communications
    Whistler BC
    Cinematographer and Video Editor

Sad but true, Its contrast detection so it needs to be a super well-lit scene and even then it continuous auto-focus will not be that useful.

Hi Steven,
    I've got the same issue as autofocus could be very useful in some particular cases (I've used it successfully on gimbal mount with the face recognition autofocus on Canon 7D mkII), but impossible to use it with Raven. The solution I have to try soon is Fool Control (hey black friday !) with a focus responsible.
    Worst, with the last update on Raven and EF-S 24mm STM with autofocus enabled, the Raven completely block with the only choice to hard reboot.
    But if anyone have another idea, I'm more than interrested !
    OvershotMedia Filmmaker
    Red Raven #4393