Thread: Tilta Nucleus-M review

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    You can set presets: A to B, B to C, C to D, A to D etc. But I am not sure if you can save these indefinitely

Just received ours and can't wait to put it to work! However I can't really figure out what kind of cable is required to enable the REC-button. We're using it on a Scarlet-W with the V-lock expander so I guess it's to be triggered from the 4-pin lemo CTRL right? Can anyone enlighten me or guide me to a cable that'll solve my struggles of the day :)
    Last edited by Anders Højrup; 02-08-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anders Højrup View Post
    Just received ours and can't wait to put it to work! However I can't really figure out what kind of cable is required to enable the REC-button. We're using it on a Scarlet-W with the V-lock expander so I guess it's to be triggered from the 4-pin lemo CTRL right? Can anyone enlighten me or guide me to a cable that'll solve my struggles of the day :)
    You need the RED start stop cable from Tilta.

Thanks. I thought so since I have the wooden grip from another cage where I remembered something about a RED start/stop cable. However I can't seem to find it anywhere online?.. I'll try'n send them an email. Thanks anyway!

got my unit.. anyone else have trouble with the hand grips.. the work but the motor starts freaking out and spinning fast in both directions
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600 DIT
    RED MX
    Red Epic
    Red Scarlet W

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaree Sandberg View Post
    got my unit.. anyone else have trouble with the hand grips.. the work but the motor starts freaking out and spinning fast in both directions
    it sounds like either the handgrip knob needs to be calibrated or you're having channel interference. Daniel Stilling made post on thed FB Tilta page sugesting tht you run each of the handgrips and their matching motor on a different channel.
    David Fuller
    AirStream Pictures
    Auburn & Portland, ME
    www.airstream.pictures
    EPIC-M Dragon #1053

Quote Originally Posted by D Fuller View Post
    it sounds like either the handgrip knob needs to be calibrated or you're having channel interference. Daniel Stilling made post on thed FB Tilta page sugesting tht you run each of the handgrips and their matching motor on a different channel.
    I have def tried to calibrate multiple times as well as all the channels
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600 DIT
    RED MX
    Red Epic
    Red Scarlet W

Quote Originally Posted by Zakaree Sandberg View Post
    I have def tried to calibrate multiple times as well as all the channels
    Did you re-calibrate the motors or did you calibrate the knob? Those are two different things. Go on the FB page and have a look and search through the threads. Post a video if you can also and most likely someone there will be able to diagnose the problem and help you figure out how to fix the problem.

I have a problem with the Tilta Nucleus M. I try to calibrate a motor manually (focus wheel on a zoom), but when i test it, there is big vibrations on the lens when the motor arrives at minimum or at maximum focus.

Do you have this problem too? And do you have a solution? Is it a bug or I missed something?

When you calibrate, you must set the minimum and maximum to like 1 degree off of close and far focus on a lens with hard stops. I would call it a bug in their calibration software and it could easily be updated.
    NYC Steadicam Operator
    www.steadimike.com