Thread: Zeiss cz18-80 t/2.9 vs fuginon cabrio 19-90 t/2.9 lend

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Zeiss cz28-80 mm t/2.9 lens vs uginon cabrio 19-90 t/2.9 lend 
    Does anybody compared the optical qulity like sharpness,boketh,ca,breathing,color retention of zeiss cz 28-80 with fuginon cabrio 19-90 lens,i feel zeiss has an edge over fuginon on sharpness,color retension and breathing,of cource ,zeiss is full frame lens (with future proof and low price),please send ur opinion
    Last edited by Asok kumar; 11-06-2017 at 08:25 AM.

There is no such lens as Zeiss CZ 18-80.. there is a 28-80mm, so it's a smaller and less versatile zoom range.
    Those are two different lenses, the Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 is aimed mainly for documentary/corporate/TV and less for Cinema, it's focus rotation and zoom control and also physical size is all about broadcast/run and gun, lightweight and fast moving shooting environment. The Zeiss is more of a mid range cinema zoom, it's not an Optimo but it still aimed mainly for Cinema, but it's smaller zoom range.
    Oron Cohen
    Scarlet-W
    www.oroncohen.com

Sorry ,its my fault,I meant Zeiss 28-80 t/ 2.9 lens,OK sir what is ur valuable opinion on Zeiss 70-200 t/2.9 lens,I have already canon cn - e 14.5-60 t/ 2.6 lens,Iam planning to do a feature film on these lenses

Cabrio (V1) is sharper/cleaner than virtually all my Canon L sills glass. Virtually no breathing nor CA. Don't underestimate the value of a servo zoom when its time to zoom.

Zeiss CZ covers FF, Cabrio covers 6k Dragon but not 8k Monstro.

Cabrio initially sold for 2x price of CZ. For S35 shooting it offers 2x the functionality. Never compared with Canon cine zooms, so cannot cpmment there. But Cabrio is incredible all-rounder.

Have internally debated keeping (so good) and selling (eclipsed by my Fuji Premier 24-180). Decisions...
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Thanks,how much u expect for fuginon 24-180 lens
    Last edited by Asok kumar; 11-06-2017 at 03:54 PM.

I own the CZ 28- 80. It's very sharp. I like the contrast and unless you need to open up wider than f2.8 no need real for primes in that range. It really isn't a lens you want to run and gun. The Cabrio is nice and I have used it on documentaries with the servo grip. Very nice images but a different look than Zeiss.
    Keith B. Plummer
    [url]https://www.plumgood.productions
    Zeiss CZ's Zeiss Primes