Thread: Speed Booster OLPF Caddy / 3D Print

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I think it would be nuts if it didn't function. They might just be saying not compatible as the s35 mount is designed to shield light on the s35 sensor etc and using the VV on the S35 might introduce some unwanted flare or spill on the S35 sensor. So if thats all it is then great. handy if someone could throw on the s35.

Did I miss the download link? or paypal link for the 3d print file? Gimme gimme gimme :)
    - W

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post

Don't mean to poo-poo on that theory, but given that the sensors on cameras is about to become swappable (between s35 and VV sensors), they better be compatible or that's some serious oversight/design-flaw happening.

Certainly there are a bunch of RED users that have both cameras and could quickly test it out. Also, the ABT one uses the VV mount AND VV OLPFs for compatibility, so I'm thinking/hoping the rep is just confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Miller 72 View Post
    I think it would be nuts if it didn't function. They might just be saying not compatible as the s35 mount is designed to shield light on the s35 sensor etc and using the VV on the S35 might introduce some unwanted flare or spill on the S35 sensor. So if thats all it is then great. handy if someone could throw on the s35.

My thinking as well!

Brent, Jarred, Phil? Can any of you comment to this?

Quote Originally Posted by James Miller 72 View Post

My rep said:

"It's more about of the spacing between the lens mount and the sensor. They expose a different size of the sensor. The VV Canon Mount is intended for the VV Sensor while the S35 Canon Mount is intended for the S35 Sensor.

But yes they are also equipped for different lenses."

Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    My rep said:

"It's more about of the spacing between the lens mount and the sensor. They expose a different size of the sensor. The VV Canon Mount is intended for the VV Sensor while the S35 Canon Mount is intended for the S35 Sensor.

But yes they are also equipped for different lenses."
    That's just nonsense- sorry
    Jacek Zakowicz, Optitek-dot-org, jacek2@optitek.org
    Professional Broadcast and Digital Cinema Equipment

Sorry to bug again. Is the 3d file something you are possibly selling? If so let me know.
    - W