Thread: INKontrol : Simple DMSC2 control

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 INKontrol : Simple DMSC2 control 
    Update : INKontrol v.02 released

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...rol-Build-v0-2

AJ

===========================
    Hi everyone,

I have just released my first iPad / iPhone app on iTunes.

Purpose : To control DSMC2 cameras over Wifi using a simple (and hopefully intuitive!) interface.

This version (Alpha 0.1) only displays & updates essential camera functionality.

All feedback most welcome.

AJ

Updates (Questions)

+) Available in ALL App Stores : [US App Store]
    +) Full functionality requires annual subscription of USD $9.49 a year

Last edited by Antony Newman; 05-10-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Camera Brain (DSMC2) adhoc Wifi checking

To assist users experiencing ad-hoc wifi issues (ie where the DSMC2 brain creates a wifi network for your iDevice to connect to), INKontrol provides visual feedback on the healthiness of this wifi network.

1) Launch Screen : Click on 'Demo Mode'

2) Camera Discovery : Click on Antenna : Animation changes to High Contrast mode.
    Grey Ripples propagating outwards are 'Camera Discovery' requests sent to the camera.
    In the example below, there is no camera responding to theses requests:

3) WEAPON Helium Discovered : Blue Ripples propagating outwards are Camera Responses.
    In the example below, there is a mix of Discovery Requests (Grey) and Reponses (Blue).

4) In the following example is what happens if a discovered camera stops responding to wifi discovery requests.
    a) Initially - the Icon will appear at full contrast.
    b) Slowly fading away .... c) Has been out of contact for some time.

AJ

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Newman View Post
    Camera Brain (DSMC2) adhoc Wifi checking

To assist users experiencing ad-hoc wifi issues (ie where the DSMC2 brain creates a wifi network for your iDevice to connect to), INKontrol provides visual feedback on the healthiness of this wifi network.

1) Launch Screen : Click on 'Demo Mode'

2) Camera Discovery : Click on Antenna : Animation changes to High Contrast mode.
    Grey Ripples propagating outwards are 'Camera Discovery' requests sent to the camera.
    In the example below, there is no camera responding to theses requests:

3) WEAPON Helium Discovered : Blue Ripples propagating outwards are Camera Responses.
    In the example below, there is a mix of Discovery Requests (Grey) and Reponses (Blue).

4) In the following example is what happens if a discovered camera stops responding to wifi discovery requests.
    a) Initially - the Icon will appear at full contrast.
    b) Slowly fading away .... c) Has been out of contact for some time.

AJ

Hi thanks for the post

Can this app help maintain the connection ?

What is the price of the app. I'm willing to try anything to get a solid wifi connection.

Surinder.

Hi Surinder,

Great question.

RED have resolved a number of wifi issues, but there are still some outstanding.
    My understanding is that it is not always easy for Red to reproduce wifi problems reported, and there has been uncertainty if the wifi client was at fault.

In releasing INKontrol with its additional wifi diagnostics - it is my hope that the underlying cause can be zeroed in on.

Having an additional client (running on a second iDevice) should also help confirm if the problem is client related (because only one client should be effected), or if the problem is camera related (if two different clients are effected at exactly the same time).

Q1) Can this app help maintain the connection ?

(Apologies for the long winded answer!)

I have created the above diagram to show ad-hoc wifi (ie where the RED Brain creates the Wifi network).

The wifi issue that I have seen in my own stress testing (and read in Reduser) has the following symptoms:
    i) The Camera created WIFI network is still visible to external devices
    ii) The client no longer receives any data from the Camera.

In the above case - it does not matter what message (eg even a discovery message) is sent to the camera - because the camera has stopped sending out (or responding to) wifi data.

It is not therefore possible for INKontrol to send a WIFI message to reconnect to the camera (as the camera ignores the message).

Q2) What is the price of the app. ?

INKontrol is a subscription based application priced at USD $9.49 a year.

My intention is to continuously develop INKontrol with feedback from the community; adding functionality where I believe it will give value, or simplify camera control.

Even when not subscribed - the wifi discovery tool is enabled; A 'manual ip' camera can also be added (even if you don't have a camera) to see what the interface looks like on your Apple iDevice.

In order to connect & control a camera - subscription is required. The Alpha 0.1 version enables control of a limited set of camera functionality.
    Here's what the screen looks like in Clip Playback mode:

Update : INKontrol v.02 released

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...rol-Build-v0-2

AJ
    Last edited by Antony Newman; 05-10-2018 at 02:24 PM.